Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway to Palace tomorrow

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Good manager, will do well for them, knows how to approach games differently without just having one plan that he carries on with even when found out by EVERY other team, knows how to play attacking football, can do well on a tight budget, I'd be pretty disappointed if he ended up in Caravanville.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
BBC Lancashire ‏@BBCLancashire
BBC Radio Lancashire can confirm that the 49 year old is at Blackpool's training ground working with the players this morning.

After being rejected by one of their own (Freedman) it'd be fantastic for Holloway to do the same. I hear Edgar Davids had a barnstorming start to his managerial career at Barnet last week.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good manager, will do well for them, knows how to approach games differently without just having one plan that he carries on with even when found out by EVERY other team, knows how to play attacking football, can do well on a tight budget, I'd be pretty disappointed if he ended up in Caravanville.

I wonder how his team who beat us 3-1 last season, only managed a 1-1 draw this season when they'd found us out? Any excuse to have a dig at our manager perhaps?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I wonder how his team who beat us 3-1 last season, only managed a 1-1 draw this season when they'd found us out? Any excuse to have a dig at our manager perhaps?

No problem with the manager IF he changes the system, more so for home games where it is all too easy for opponents to beat us now if they do their homework (not sure Warnock is clever enough to have done it)... I'll even dedicate a special 'praise Gus' thread if he shows us a more attacking plan B tonight... And Blackpool could have easily put three by us on Saturday if they had a decent striker playing, they created enough chances, pretty much the same boat as us, except their decent striker was injured, we don't have one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are, seriously, deluded.
He's not tho. Player for player the majority of teams in the league are better than Palace - Many are better than us - Blackpool prob better than both of us player for player. It doesn't mean their 'team' will finish higher tho - which is all that matters at the end of the day.

Southampton were a lot better than us man for man a few yrs back and we won the lg 15 points clear!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Haha, he's not going anywhere near them is he.

I will dribble piss laughing if he now turns them down or it turned out to be bollocks!

Come on - it would be a first for Palace fans to jump the gun if it did happen - cut them some slack. Also their best striker, Ross McCormack has been injured all season so lay off them...

Jimmy Grimble

I haven't read the whole thread but does no-one else think that Holloway and Palace are a perfect fit...? i.e. he is an irritating twat destined to exist in the second tier of English football while he can get away with it.

I'm not convinced Holloway is particularly good. He's just a steady Championship manager in my opinion. He's unlikely to be a calamity, but I can't see him delivering anything exceptional either. I had hoped Palace would choose someone much worse, but if they end up with Holloway I certainly won't be jealous. He's about the standard of manager I would expect a mediocre club like Palace to have.

Having said that, it'll still be HILARIOUS if he turns them down after their chairman/fans have got themselves worked up about it.

This is about right.

He's the sort of manager you'd be excited about if you were 15 or 16 because he's a bit of a fruitcake.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Why is he?

You were 4th this date last year, we were 12th. Blackpool were 8th.

Look what happened. :lolol:

Our team is completely different to last years. Blake, Ward, Bolasie, Delaney, Moritz, etc. are all first team players now that are improvements on last years side (with the exception of Clyne).

Comparing this seasons Palace side to last seasons is just silly. This current crop is far superior.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not sure I am mate... oh and thanks very much for the bonus punctuation. Means alot.

There's a reason the bookies had Palace as the 22nd worst team in the lg on paper. It's because, man for man, they are / were at the time. They can't predict results / team performances. You were very right with what you said...

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
There's a reason the bookies had Palace as the 22nd worst team in the lg on paper. It's because, man for man, they are / were at the time. They can't predict results / team performances. You were very right with what you said...

There is a reason for it, yes - because we were missing 5 or 6 players that we signed at the end of the transfer window.

On paper, Palace have a top 6 team. In real terms... we've got a top six team currently sitting in fourth :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our team is completely different to last years. Blake, Ward, Bolasie, Delaney, Moritz, etc. are all first team players now that are improvements on last years side (with the exception of Clyne).

Comparing this seasons Palace side to last seasons is just silly. This current crop is far superior.

You're prob right but as I say above, you were give or take a few, the 22nd worst team on paper, in August. I believe all those players you mention were signed after this point. You may be slightly higher now, but as I keep saying, man for man doesn't mean the team will be better - see Chelsea / Man City over the last few yrs etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here