Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway to Palace tomorrow

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Jealous.

Nasty trait really.

Especially with the walking erections that people had on here when you were first.

Our aim is top 6. Minimum.

:lolol:

4th with not even a quarter way through the season when you're aim is actually mid table/safety.

Best player in the division? No.

A decent prospect ? Yes

13,000/14,000 crowds including away fans so really about 12,000.

Deluded Steve Parish.

Same budget as Peterborough more like.

Location- Absolute shithole.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
£400 k compensation agreed, free to talk to us, expected to be announced tomorrow.

That'll be when it all turns to rat shit.
Once he finds out what Parish is prepared to give him as a budget, he'll walk away.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I don't get what all the fuss is....? He's took a club to the Prem? Whey! Yes, and he also took them back down again. Does that mean you'd welcome the likes of former Hull manager Phil Brown or even Paul Jewell who have both won promotion to the Prem? Probably not, eh?

Strip away his charasmatic interviews, he is in charge of a club below us in the table who probably have higher expectations to be in the top six. Not all that great when you strip away his attention seeking interviews which cover up his inept tactical skills as a manager.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I don't get what all the fuss is....? He's took a club to the Prem? Whey! Yes, and he also took them back down again. Does that mean you'd welcome the likes of former Hull manager Phil Brown or even Paul Jewell who have both won promotion to the Prem? Probably not, eh?

Strip away his charasmatic interviews, he is in charge of a club below us in the table who probably have higher expectations to be in the top six. Not all that great when you strip away his attention seeking interviews which cover up his inept tactical skills as a manager.

Take away your Brighton bias, would you not say he plays a very attack minded formation, and apart from His Leicester stint, as done very well at all his previous clubs.
Given some of the names being mentioned, I'm happy with this potential appointment.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Jealous.

Nasty trait really.

Especially with the walking erections that people had on here when you were first.

Our aim is top 6. Minimum.

Not jealousy at all. You're doing well but it's too early.

Top 6 is your minimum aim? :lolol:

Oh my f*** that's made my night.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Take away your Brighton bias, would you not say he plays a very attack minded formation, and apart from His Leicester stint, as done very well at all his previous clubs.
Given some of the names being mentioned, I'm happy with this potential appointment.

Blimey, in comparison to the likes of Andy Thorn then yes, you should be rubbing your hands with glee. Although I don't think he was ever a realistic target.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Good appointment for them, shame really I was hoping they might go down this year or at least we finish above them! Now it looks like we'll end up mid table at best and they'll make the play offs (if they keep hold of Zaha in Jan)

:down::sick:

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
If it happens then I guess it's better for them than Andy Thorn but apart from taking Blackpool up through the play offs after finishing sixth (mildly impressive) but back down again,what has he achieved?

Charismatic yes but proven winner definitely not

Certainly not bothered at all. Freedman was a better manager by far.

Expect Blackpool to finish higher than CP

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My first reaction? No chance, there is no reason why he would want to go there. No money, no ambition in the short term etc etc.

My second reaction? The OP is often correct. Would be a great appointment for Palace and it appears now that there is some substance in it.

I really hope that he ain't offered what he wants, and then he,kicks Parish into touch.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I reckon it's a good match. A bloke that talks a load of shit, in a ground that's a piece of shit and a chairman that's full of shit....It will all fall apart at the 11th hour anyway. Palace are skint, whatevers been agreed in principal....Has MaCormack signed yet??

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
wins percentage as managers

Poyet 45%

Holloway 37%

not bothered

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did I not say this just before we played Blackpool and virtually called a fool for even suggesting it but lets wait and see if it happens. The difference being that I said it would happen by Monday so I am 3 or 4 days out sorry.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Exactly, it's a false stat, but one that has been churned out a lot in the last fews weeks. I'm not totally sure what it's suppose to prove other that the Poyet massive are suddenly clutching at straws....Massive game tomorrow night, Warnock will have Leeds flying at our throats from the off, if he has got any sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here