Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Duncan Smith thinks he can live on £53 a week. Lets make him

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
The pupil premium is not to ensure that children can attend after school clubs. It very much depends on the pupil premium policy of the individual school. A school may chose to spend it for example on funding a child for school trips or having specific support for numeracy/literacy etc. Some schools yes, choose to use the money to enhance the experience after school as understand that this can improve academic performance, but this is not across the board.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The pupil premium is not to ensure that children can attend after school clubs. It very much depends on the pupil premium policy of the individual school. A school may chose to spend it for example on funding a child for school trips or having specific support for numeracy/literacy etc. Some schools yes, choose to use the money to enhance the experience after school as understand that this can improve academic performance, but this is not across the board.

Thats correct, but you specifically implied the importance of access to after school clubs.

If you felt as you said why aren't you knocking on your Head's or Business managers door, asking for pupil 'a' to get funding for this.

I have yet to see access denied for the pupils that are deemed financially disadvantaged to activities that you feel might marginalise them if they didnt attend.

Your original point was the financial disparity between the 'haves' and 'have nots' within a school environment.

Rightly the school environment has many initiatives to ensure equality, unfortunately I feel that it is the dysfunctionality by some families that effects the children and financial status is irrelevant.

PS. I apologise for querying your position as a teacher.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

hmm, not quite the same as the "orchestrated division by the privileged in society" we had yesturday evening.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
hmm, not quite the same as the "orchestrated division by the privileged in society" we had yesturday evening.
Completely different point. That was related to the obvious policy of the current government of dividing society and making middle and working classes fight amongst themselves, whilst continuing to ignore the excesses and corruption at the top. My point about sport and extra curricular activities is in relation to a previous post and I still maintain that it is vital to try and maintain equality amongst children amidst the madness of politics.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can't be bothered to read all the post on here but I did notice that it was NOT £53 a week but £148....does he get his rent paid? Seems he likes gambling,drinking and football, (probably got a wide screen telly) or not..........not by any means cheap pastimes...he does work P/T as a market stall holder....there is more behind this news story than is being let on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Completely different point. That was related to the obvious policy of the current government of dividing society and making middle and working classes fight amongst themselves, whilst continuing to ignore the excesses and corruption at the top. My point about sport and extra curricular activities is in relation to a previous post and I still maintain that it is vital to try and maintain equality amongst children amidst the madness of politics.

thats not at all what you said, i've been back and its clearly making a link between children not being able to afford to join clubs and getting into trouble as they are isolated because of this. nothing about excess or corruption, but does infer that government is trying to deliberately divide, apparently through the strategic use of after school activities. im being facetious of course, but that is how it read originally. policitians dont divide, society divides itself and policitians just reflect that.

if only there were some orchestration, we might be in better situation collectivly. that would imply someone having a coherent vision and strategy of policy, rather than the current collection of disjointed contradicting policies we have falling out of Westminster and further afield.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
if only there were some orchestration, we might be in better situation collectivly. that would imply someone having a coherent vision and strategy of policy, rather than the current collection of disjointed contradicting policies we have falling out of Westminster and further afield.

True. I suppose orchestrated was a rather flattering term for short term power/fame hungry politicians on all sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here