Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i360 is going ahead. Former potential investor has been arrested.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My understanding was that the proposed i360 was located directly above the old Victorian sewer and was therefore unbuildable anyway. :shrug:

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Pier Sunset non border.jpg

Not too shabby, and. Blue Pier2 non border.jpg

Great for photography!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This will be the same Mike Holland who broke planning permission at the Engineerium and wants to close a public footpath at Stanmer ? The guy is a **** !!!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This will be the same Mike Holland who broke planning permission at the Engineerium and wants to close a public footpath at Stanmer ? The guy is a **** !!!!!

From what I know of him, I would agree with your last sentiment!

I'm with you on this, pity they can't preserve it in some way.

I'd be interested to know if it has a lifespan. I wonder if the WPT would be able to give an informed idea?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He seems very full of himself. He strikes me as a big fish in a little pond.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
This city is a joke sometimes, it could be an innovative forward-thinking place, but we're stuck looking at a pile of rust.

I love that pile of rust (supposing you're referring to the old West Pie.......a perfect metaphor of man's futile attempt to impose his will upon nature - and an ongoing one at that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I love that pile of rust (supposing you're referring to the old West Pie.......a perfect metaphor of man's futile attempt to impose his will upon nature - and an ongoing one at that.

The Palace pier more than refutes that; perhaps it would be more apposite to replace "man's" with "the Regency Society"? The seem to be far more culpable than society as a whole!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I wish the thread title was both current and accurate.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
The Palace pier more than refutes that; perhaps it would be more apposite to replace "man's" with "the Regency Society"? The seem to be far more culpable than society as a whole!

It complicated Diego......watch , ....another metaphor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here