Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i would rather we finished mid table....than have to endure......

el punal

....getting to within a few points of auto, and then getting crushed by palace as they march onto the premier league.

not forgetting our manager arrived late to the 2nd leg (important) palace game and didn't give a sh1t all night as knew he was leaving...........and the fall out is that our management team are suspended and the club are still send out marketing emails.

what a complete balls up......and if anyone wants out, they have to pay £50 to cancel their season ticket.

more like vodafone or debenhams than a football club.

i'm off till august and hope there might be some better news.

after palace going up i now really don't like poyet - i blame him 100% (irrational maybe but thats the way it is).......no metal, no bottle, all ego.....do one.

Would you have had the same opinion after we had beaten Wolves 2-0 and finished 4th in the Championship on May 4th?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Regardless if we lost in the playoffs or the management are getting a slapped wrist, it was a good season. Next season will be good as well. It's good to be alive, everything is all sweetness and light.
If you die, thats when the season is bad

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's all going to be good news from here on out. Starting with an extra couple of Million to spend courtesy of Gus.

I don't care where we finish. So long as I have a club to support and a stadium to support them in. Both of those things we could very easily not have had.

Yes, palace getting promoted at our expense is crushing. But it doesn't really matter - we will still be going to watch the Albion next year won't we? Does it matter if we are playing the likes of Bournemouth and Yoevil or Manchester United? Not one bit.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely devastated that palace got promoted, but in reality, why does it matter? We have a fantastic stadium and we mostly all hail from the best city/county in the country.

I would rather live in Sussex supporting a team in the basement division than have to spend a second of my life living in Croydon.

Could not agree more. Every time I go through Croydon I actually sympathise with the people that live there, it is intensely ugly.
Selhurst Park is a shambles, now they got the money they need to rebuild it; the largest stand is behind a goal and obscures an horrendous eyesore of a radio mast.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bill Shankly actually said something similar, along the lines of "If you aim at the stars, you are likely to reach the ceiling,"

So Maybe Gus was giving himself and us a compliment then and we just misinterpreted it :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here