i would like to say

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I am sick of hearing that Gary Hart is too old and past it at 32. He is 3 YEARS younger than Nicky Forster for heavens sake.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
32 is no age. at this level he should be able to play close to 40.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Just LOOK at what everyone wrote about the Great Man - and that was long before his recent comeback. Just about everything that I love about watching the Albion, hell, about watching football in general is epitomised by Gary Hart.

What a man. What a player.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Couldn't be happier for the guy. It must not be fun sitting on the sidelines for pretty much 2 years. Shows even more strength of mind to come back into the 1st team and produce performances like he has. Legend!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I am sick of hearing that Gary Hart is too old and past it at 32. He is 3 YEARS younger than Nicky Forster for heavens sake.

To be fair before he had surgery this year he looked a bit slow and maybe not good enough anymore. Since then he has got that pace and mobility back, hopefully he keeps going for a few more years now! One of the good guys and deserves all the praise he gets.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its no coincidence our revival has coincided with Gary Hart playing again. He shows more fight, desire , passion and determination wearing the shirt than every single can't be arsed loan player put together we have sadly had to endure this season. Slade had the sense to see this.

Absolutely SPOT ON, Mr G.
The sheer guts and determination this guy shows on the pitch is infectious, and has roused the team to new levels. We're not out of the woods yet, but OGH will simply not ALLOW us to be relegated. He won't have it.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
He's an absolute legend and i couldn't be happier to see him back in the team....last night he showed just what we been missing all bloody season - he won that game for us.

Welcome back to the fold OGH, long may it continue, you gotta get a new contract in the summer. :D

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Its no coincidence our revival has coincided with Gary Hart playing again. He shows more fight, desire , passion and determination wearing the shirt than every single can't be arsed loan player put together we have sadly had to endure this season. Slade had the sense to see this.

I don't think anyone has ever suggested this is a mere conincidence, the stats speak for themselves. 5 assists in 5 games is Gerrard/Lampard form and I am DELIGHTED with the superb contribution from one of my favourite all time players.

We're not worthy

:bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would love it, LOVE IT, if Gary scores The Goal That Keeps Us Up. 1-0 at Hudds, with results going our way ?
No-one would deserve it more.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
My favourite player of all time has always been Ian Chapman, a man who grew up supporting Brighton and wouldn't join Palace when the opportunity arose. Harty is the closest thing we've got to a fan playing in the team, he's right up there with Chappers as the embodiment of what we all want from a Brighton player I think. Taking an entirely pragmatic view, he's got to be worth another year on current form hasn't he? If he can contribute in the way he has been, surely even people inside the unsentimental footy world could see he's worth it?

(An interesting sub-plot on that score - given that Slade does not yet have a future at the club beyond this season, who's going to be responsible for the retained list?) At this rate they'll have to wait 'til after the season's finished to announce it, which is usually done before the last game isn't it?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ths situation is summed up with Birchall after hearing of interest from LA Galaxy he was " ill " for the next Albion game, presumably as he couldn't risk and injury and Hart would run through a brick wall for the club.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Living Legend.:bowdown:

Hear, hear! :clap:

So pleased for him (& us!) that The Big S has had the sense to see what a fit & hungry Harty can bring to our first-team. Now my official candidate for Player Of The Season. Go get 'em Gary! :bowdown:

OGH has made all the difference and as Virg's himself said yesterday - it almost looks like a different GH playing at the moment.

I was lucky enough to witness once again last night his never say die attitude and just to get and keep possession to be able to deliver a fantastic cross for the first goal was awesome. Similar efforts created the second but his all round contribution all over the pitch deserves respect and inspires players and fans alike.

Player of the Season - oh yes :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports