Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder how much this BEAUTY will go for PT 2

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yeah I still can't work out why a) all teams played basically a 2-3-5 and b) all matches didn't finish 5-4.

Although the formation was defined as 2-3-5, the two inside forwards dropped back so it was more like 2-3-2-3 in reality. Plus the offside law was much, much more restrictive in those days.

Oh, and players weren't always keen on passing the ball in those day, seeing it as cowardly compared to dribbling the ball as far as you could before being tackled!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I like the smoking advert on it:

To Smokers

If you wish to get the Greatest Satisfaction out of that “Old Briar” of yours you must Smoke the “Albion Mixture.” It’s the finest Smoking mixture yet introduced. “Nuff Said.”

I thought "Nuff Said" was a recent addition to the English language, commonly used for the purpose on internet forums :lolol:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Nice
I can tick 5 of the 6 on the back cover, been in all 3 venues, been on a bus!, owned a number of Frys Brighton stoneware jars but not the whisky...full house anyone?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
9th after 10 games and the likes of Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers and Swindon above us?

F. Scott-Walford OUT!!! Get the bloke in from Palace, Robson, least it sounds like a proper footballing name. We won't win anything with this double barrelled flair named goon

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
uploadfromtaptalk1387059075841.jpg must be one of the most expensive BHAFC programmes sold!

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Unbelievably rare. These don't come up very often.

I am pretty sure that this is the oldest know Albion home programme in existence.
I was outbid late on,which on reflection was probably a good thing, as I don't suspect Mrs Southasp would had of appreciated her /our joint Christmas present, even though she did say "surprise me this year" I doubt she would have been expecting to unwrap an old football programme on Christmas morning!

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Wow, very rare then. Lets hope that it will take prize of place in a BHAFC programme collection.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I am pretty sure that this is the oldest know Albion home programme in existence.
I was outbid late on,which on reflection was probably a good thing, as I don't suspect Mrs Southasp would had of appreciated her /our joint Christmas present, even though she did say "surprise me this year" I doubt she would have been expecting to unwrap an old football programme on Christmas morning!

Especially when she tore it in half unwrapping it.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

If I had bought that, I might as well have just driven straight to a hotel and thrown my house keys away!

CRAZY price for a programme, but not really surprising.

I'll probably see Peter Irvine later, maybe he bought it..............?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Seriously, is there a point to owning such an item for £1,220?!

How is anyone going to get £1,220's worth of value for it, apart from selling it on for an even greater price?

Not much to read in it, and it's not likely that it's going to be the programme that completes someone's collection for that season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here