Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was there

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It wasn't Stant, it was player we had on loan for a month or so - he only played a few games. I've completely forgotten his name though. Was his surname Thomas?

I remember stant scoring a header from an inch off the ground? !

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So this is the first time Chelsea and Arsenal are in the The Emirates FA Cup final

No, the FA Cup just gets different branding.

The Premier League is a separate entity to the old First Division, which remained in the Football League and became the "second division" nationally whilst remaining nominally the First Division of the football league. Then in 2004 the First Division was renamed the Championship as part of the restructuring of the football league.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It wasn't Stant, it was player we had on loan for a month or so - he only played a few games. I've completely forgotten his name though. Was his surname Thomas?

Remembered his name: it was Martin Thomas.

As has been mentioned, Stant did score with a header a foot off the ground - I was there for that too

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
These players will go down in history,like Horton ,Ward and i bet most of you can name the rest.I went to Norwich and Villa.As well as QPR,Fulham,Brentford.Norwich we were still on a high,And Villa when we scored the penalty,wow.Alright we got a Merc instead of a porsche,but seasons like this only come round once or twice in a lifetime.When my grandchildren say were you there in 10-15 years time ,i will say yes i was.I will also be there Sunday to soak up the atmosphere that has helped the team to the Premier League for the first time ever:albion2:

Brilliant. I, on the other hand, will be with the poor blokes in Leeds.

7d83f84570d667884a55255c4ec75dbf.jpg

Grandkids, I was there - at Withdean - when a bunch of H block stewards wrestled with a pissed and aggressive bloke - and pulled his leg off! Literally. It was a false leg. For a moment time stood still. Stewards stood there transfixed, one holding the leg, wondering WTF just happened and WTF to do next. When they'd recovered their composure, they led the bloke, still effing and blinding (and hopping) away round the running track.

Thing is, I've told people about this and they don't believe me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was there 29 October 1996 proud to tell any grandchildren if they arrive I was there, and what a depressing drive back to Brighton it was.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Remembered his name: it was Martin Thomas.

As has been mentioned, Stant did score with a header a foot off the ground - I was there for that too

Grandkids, my memory isn't what it was...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No, the FA Cup just gets different branding.

The Premier League is a separate entity to the old First Division, which remained in the Football League and became the "second division" nationally whilst remaining nominally the First Division of the football league. Then in 2004 the First Division was renamed the Championship as part of the restructuring of the football league.

Today I ate a snickers for the very first time, although I did eat Marathons for a few years in the 80's.

Premier League is a brand

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thing is, I've told people about this and they don't believe me.

If memory serves, it was after a midweek League Cup game. It definitely happened, I was about three seats away at the time. Funniest thing I ever saw at football. Just about the second funniest thing I ever saw at football was in following round of the same competition, featuring the legendary pitch invasion by the bloke on the mobility scooter. Has to be said that Withdean was highly entertaining at times, tho not always for the right reasons :lolol:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I wonder if anyone else on here was at the Plymouth match in the mid 90s when Codner scored from the halfway line. We won 3-0.

My memory is a little hazy but I reckon there were only about 80-100 of us. Were any of you there?

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
I wonder if anyone else on here was at the Plymouth match in the mid 90s when Codner scored from the halfway line. We won 3-0.

My memory is a little hazy but I reckon there were only about 80-100 of us. Were any of you there?
Was that the one where the game was touch and go whether it was going ahead due to frozen pitch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here