Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was curious how much B&HA pay the council each year in business rates for the Amex

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You'd have to ask Adur District Council that one.

Obviously (or VOA).
Original question was how much do BHA pay Council in Business Rates, half the question has been answered so far.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The answer is I believe £295,800 per year.
This is based on the Amex having a rateable value of £600,000 according to the Valuations Office Agency website.
Business rates for a standard business are 49.3p in the pound
This comes to the figure of £295,800.

Just checked the VOA website for the Training Ground.
Rateable value is £775,000.
Meaning a charge of £382,075 for the the year commencing April 1st 2016.

(total for Stadium & Training centre £677,875)

Historically, business rates have just been collected by the Council, but the money has gone to the Government who have used it as if it was general taxation.

The system is slowly changing, though, with local councils getting more control over the business rates that they collect from businesses in their area.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
£1000 and a set of tracksuits?

Talking of which.....Gary Hart played his first game for the Albion exactly 18 years ago today, in a 6-1 defeat for the reserves against Swindon whilst on trial (he was subsequently found guilty, and sentenced to spend the next 13 years with the Albion).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Talking of which.....Gary Hart played his first game for the Albion exactly 18 years ago today, in a 6-1 defeat for the reserves against Swindon whilst on trial (he was subsequently found guilty, and sentenced to spend the next 13 years with the Albion).

That deserves it's own thread in my view. I wonder how OGH would get on in the current team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here