Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I vote change kit back to all blue like best period in 80s.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
This, although I've never seen the kit being worn live it always looks nice in photos etc. I suspect it would be the only retro kit so far I would buy.
Late 60s was the best time aesthetically for football kit in my very well informed and respected er I mean humble opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, no, no, no, no! I don't want us to look like a poor man's Chelski. Didn't like it in the 80s either.

Please, please, please can the board spare a few extra quid next season and pay for stripes all the way round (not on the shorts though - that was awful)!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
No, no, no, no, no! I don't want us to look like a poor man's Chelski. Didn't like it in the 80s either.

Please, please, please can the board spare a few extra quid next season and pay for stripes all the way round (not on the shorts though - that was awful)!

I agree. A definite no from me for all blue, all white or white shorts or blue with white sleeves. Stripes please!

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Keep the stripes, I say. There was great disquiet when we lost them on promotion to the top flight. I recall someone at the club saying stripes were 'so third division', but many of us felt that the stripes were always part of our identity. Would Newcastle lose their stripes? I think not! I feel better for that. Perhaps a poll?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
this in blue and white please

14580739286_85399af862.jpg

or this...

attachment.php

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, we were div four champions in 64/65 season wearing the blue kit with white arms. I really liked the white away kit we had with blue cuffs and round neck. Overall I like the pin striped kits of 84/85 and a modern version would be ok. The derby one looks pretty good too. Overall I don't think the stripes matter that much - I think our original couple of seasons were in plain shirts and we moved to stripes in 1904/5 when my granddad played for us.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Yeah but you're using facts to back up your argument, so that don't count right?

Think the fact that in blue we stayed in 1st devision and got to fa cup final. Beat Man u and Arsenal playing in blue. So really depends how you look at it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Ou home kit is blue and white stripes. Thats it. And yes i know it wasn't our first ever kit. I am less dogmatic on the away but think it should be yellow

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
View attachment 61613

Look it's the Nut's. Come on just for a season!

That's not the plain blue shirt that we wore from 1980-83. It's an alternate blue shirt that we woreoccasionally between 1977 and 1980 - at Orient once, at Tottenham a couple of times (as shown), Southampton once and a few other places. Made by Bukta, as the stripes of the day were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here