Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Think they both wrote their own letters... not exactly literary masterpieces.

GP played in the PL.

He did. He played in the famous Southampton v United 'grey shirts' match - when United changed their kit at half time, and got smashed about 6-2.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
..not to mention Potter.

I took a look at that 'first day of training' video that Chelsea released. Potter and his team looked so out of place. He will have his work cut out impressing the likes of Ziyech.

Perhaps Potter has the good sense to realize he will have to find some way of gaining the players' trust and confidence that isn't based on his former glory as player (or manager). Mourinho was no player but he had won the Champions' league when he went to Chelsea.

I had a similar sense when Danny Cowley went to Huddersfield. That one lasted ten months. Cowley has now found his level at Portsmouth.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm amazed and saddened to read that there's any hate aimed at Bruno. The man's a legend of the club. As much for his work off the pitch as on it. His feeling for the club and the city at large should be clear to see.

I'm as gutted as anyone he's gone but it's life. In fact, it's not life, it's professional sport. I'd love it if he had great success at Chelsea and then in a few years time came back with all that knowledge and experience and lead the club as manager.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He did. He played in the famous Southampton v United 'grey shirts' match - when United changed their kit at half time, and got smashed about 6-2.

Potter was a sub in the 6-3 win against Utd but that wasn’t the game Utd changed shirts. That was the season before Southampton won that match 3-1.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm amazed and saddened to read that there's any hate aimed at Bruno. The man's a legend of the club. As much for his work off the pitch as on it. His feeling for the club and the city at large should be clear to see.

I'm as gutted as anyone he's gone but it's life. In fact, it's not life, it's professional sport. I'd love it if he had great success at Chelsea and then in a few years time came back with all that knowledge and experience and lead the club as manager.

I'm just confused, really. Mainly that 'man moves from one job to another job' is SUCH a big thing. Apparently, then, the terms in which any future employee of BHAFC leaves (after they've been there a specific amount of time) needs to be approved by the fan base? Jeez! Talk about precious...

Yes, Bruno has done a decade with Brighton –*so what? People do WAY longer than that with other companies and achieve far more. I doubt they have their lives threatened when they move on to pursue their careers, want a fresh challenge or get a better-paid gig. That's not doing the guy down – he's one of my favourite players – but he's gone. I'm not sure what he had to 'owe' the club. They employed him to do a job, he's done the job(s) and moved on. unfortunately, it seems, lots of fans haven't – or can't. If he proves himself as a capable manager, he might be back. If not, it doesn't really matter. Or does it?

Also, so what if he gets more money from Chelsea compared to here? I mean, that's a BAD thing now? Surely we all aspire to have nice things, provide for our families and do the best we can on the limited time we have on this earth. Now, all of a sudden, people are slagging someone off for going to a job with a higher salary. I fail to see what impact is directly has on them or why they should be personally offended by that.

The whole 'Once a seagull...' offence thing is just plain weird too. You can love a job and a company long after you leave. I still have connections and fond memories for previous companies I worked for. It doesn't mean that by leaving (on my own accord) I suddenly felt nothing towards it, or the people there.

But fans will still boo the people who were instrumental in moving the team – and club – forwards arguably more than any other management team in the club's history. Not to mention helping to develop players who ended up earning the club a good few million pounds when sold. All because that success got recognised by one of the biggest clubs in the country who offered them an opportunity that doesn't come along very often. That seems perfectly normal behaviour and I'm sure it will make those fans feel so much better :jester:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ambivalence is what I think I’m feeling, respect for what he’s done in the past and that he seems a great guy but deep disappointment and sadness that he just seemingly walked away. Perhaps he felt he didn’t have a choice, leave with Potter or stay and face uncertainty.

Either way I’m sure we’ll all get over it.

:(

Already have. The club now need to stop distracting us with these boring letters. Only really interested now in current and future club employees.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

I think you've conflated two games there. The 'grey shirts' game was the previous season, when Stains won 3-1. Manchester United wore blue and white throughout the 6-3 defeat in 96-7, the game that Potter played in. I have a photographic memory for Manchester United defeats.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

He will be back!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Possibly, when he's made his pile of dough and wants some lurrrvvvv.

As a lot of us see this as disloyal, personally, if someone came along and offered me shedloads of money over and above my salary, a club that will win things and has a world wide support and global presence, I would also jump at it

Upsetting as it is!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As a lot of us see this as disloyal, personally, if someone came along and offered me shedloads of money over and above my salary, a club that will win things and has a world wide support and global presence, I would also jump at it

Upsetting as it is!

Can honestly say I'm not upset.

Disappointed but not surprised.

Still, we move on as a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here