Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why, so you can pick them apart?

You know, I enjoyed sitting on the adjacent table in 'Spoons, Putney. Cheers

No, because I want to know who you rate in our history greater than Bruno. So would the board.

The people on the adjacent table to me, that you presumably picked up off HT's Spoons' thread were friends from grass roots football and only one is close to your age.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Point is though it depends on who is coming in - which as yet unknown, to us and more importantly to Bruno.

Yes, again, fair comment, and maybe he’ll be disappointed when he sees our appointment, and considers what could have been.
Just a shame he hasn’t hung around.

For all the reasons given previously from both perspectives, Bruno has his reasons, but there is very much an alternative viewpoint.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Nice statement from Bruno, better than Potter's imho.

I was annoyed with Murray to Palace at the time (especially when he started scoring in his second season and scoring against us) but only in a panto villain type way.

If Bruno does come back I wouldn't bare him any grudges (but he'd have to do the business like Murray did on his return).

Some of the I've Been So Hurt comments on here are..... unBritish. What have we become :cry:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I struggle to imagine a player who has made a bigger impact on this club over such a long period of time

Played
Captained
Coached
Hospital trips for ill children
Albion in the community

The list is endless and to be honest I can’t be bothered to write all the stuff but having met him as well he’s a genuinely good approachable person who treats everyone with respect, another invaluable quality. It’s easy to be bitter when people leave but as much as I’m gutted about Bruno I can’t be bitter, I’m more angry at Potter, but again… it’s understandable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I struggle to imagine a player who has made a bigger impact on this club over such a long period of time

Played
Captained
Coached
Hospital trips for ill children
Albion in the community

The list is endless and to be honest I can’t be bothered to write all the stuff but having met him as well he’s a genuinely good approachable person who treats everyone with respect, another invaluable quality. It’s easy to be bitter when people leave but as much as I’m gutted about Bruno I can’t be bitter, I’m more angry at Potter, but again… it’s understandable.

This also.

Bruno is a great guy and many who've been on the local sports pitches would agree. Potter is the guy that stole him at the end of the day. Obviously not confident enough to work with an incumbent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree he is not going to move.

Don't think he is any worse (or better) than he's been the last few years though, but turning 31 now and for a footballer there's usually just one way from there.

Indeed.

Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together, and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
'Cause Brighton, Brighton's your domain

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This also.

Bruno is a great guy and many who've been on the local sports pitches would agree. Potter is the guy that stole him at the end of the day. Obviously not confident enough to work with an incumbent.

Is the peevish, but correct analysis :lolol: :thumbsup:

Frit, frit, frit that Graham Potter
Frit, frit, frit at the Chelsea
In a panic, "what to do?!"
He cries "Bruno, pull me through"
And their first team squad say "Who the **** are you?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very, very difficult to recruit a new senior person whilst telling them ‘you have to give xx a job or else’ (been there myself on both sides of the discussion). Instant tension between head coach and owner. Incoming head needs to have the ability to build his own team - may very well be that Bruno would have been a welcome part of that, but equally may not have been.

I think Adam is in transition……..will be our next Bruno (and a bloody good one).

And transgender? Crikey! Brighton's such an advanced club!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree completely that it's a difference in opinion for us :thumbsup:

However, for Bruno it's the next step in a career that he, his parents, his spouse and children have invested the best part of well over 40 years of their lives in. That is a big investment to put on a good chance ???

Re your second sentence…I wasn’t arguing against that..but I was challenging the assumption he would “almost certainly be sacked”…two separate things..I think we can agree on that :)

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This also.

This is similar stealing to when I’m forced to stay for 1 more pint when I intended to go home. They made me drink it hun!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This is similar stealing to when I’m forced to stay for 1 more pint when I intended to go home. They made me drink it hun!!

Well sort of. We've all got a list of excuses pre-prepared, right? But....

Firstly you could all agree to just go after this one. Yeah. I know. It's always the more full on one that suggests one more, right? The one with fewer consequences.

Secondly, Bruno would have a glass of water and a plate of brown rice.

:moo:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yet he was put on some pedestal like a Spanish God by some.

Not LIKE a Spanish God, he IS a Spanish God. And going to Chelsea as a coach is disappointing precisely because he is such. No one gave a shit when Rosenior went to Derby, because he was not anywhere near Bruno's status here.
Still love him, just not quite as much as I did last Monday.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I love Bruno, I’m sure he had a good life and comfortable living situation but in todays football, I’d guess he was massively under paid. Can’t fault him for jumping on the gravy train but I hope he left things good so he can return someday. Although I would love to see said train implode by Christmas, I wish el capitain all the best.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Right, this is going to get me absolutely destroyed and I accept that, but can someone explain to me the whole Bruno thing?

He was a decent Championship footballer, didn’t score or assist loads, who did some decent work in the community and was well-liked in the club. Was with us for ages and was a bit “flair” because of signing from Valencia when that was a big deal, and having a magnificent beard.

Was that the extent of it? I saw Bruno play hundreds of times, and I just don’t get it. I didn’t get it when he had his mural, I don’t get all the hubbub (bub) now about him going.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Right, this is going to get me absolutely destroyed and I accept that, but can someone explain to me the whole Bruno thing?

He was a decent Championship footballer, didn’t score or assist loads, who did some decent work in the community and was well-liked in the club. Was with us for ages and was a bit “flair” because of signing from Valencia when that was a big deal, and having a magnificent beard.

Was that the extent of it? I saw Bruno play hundreds of times, and I just don’t get it. I didn’t get it when he had his mural, I don’t get all the hubbub (bub) now about him going.

He was no Peter Smith that’s for sure.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20220913-WA0000.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Rubbish, we singed Saltor, who was also a right back, at the same time as Bruno and he never even played because Bruno was so good in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here