Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Iyour first point is very hypothetical, given what’s gone on before, but of course not impossible - however, neither is falling out of favour at Chelsea on that basis.

If memory serves me correct their academy scored lower than ours, which was the highest in the country until City came along.

That might be possible but Declan Rice, Reece James, Mason Mount, Jamal Musiala, Fikayo Tomori, Tammy Abraham, Marc Guehi, Something Livramento, Tariq Lamptey, Nathan Ake, Conor Gallagher, Eddie Nketiah, Rhian Brewster, Dominic Solanke, Levi Colwill and probably forgetting some... sort of speaks for itself imo.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yet he was put on some pedestal like a Spanish God by some.

So basically club legends all across world football are extinct?

Bruno is a club legend, whether he left for money or not doesn’t change what he did for the club and the way he has carried himself throughout his entire time here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But as has been proven in 3/4 last appointments actually, the club does hold sway.

Yes but we are a top 4 side now. New league position, new class of manager, new rules. :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But then isn’t that why Bloom/Barber would reassure?

As per Barbers interview he was disappointed Bruno and Ben left, which at least indicates they would have a role going forward.

Parking Bruno, if Lallana is the new conduit between players and managers, potentially he may be on the new coaching team, though may feel he has a couple more seasons left.

Very, very difficult to recruit a new senior person whilst telling them ‘you have to give xx a job or else’ (been there myself on both sides of the discussion). Instant tension between head coach and owner. Incoming head needs to have the ability to build his own team - may very well be that Bruno would have been a welcome part of that, but equally may not have been.

I think Adam is in transition……..will be our next Bruno (and a bloody good one).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That might be possible but Declan Rice, Reece James, Mason Mount, Jamal Musiala, Fikayo Tomori, Tammy Abraham, Marc Guehi, Something Livramento, Tariq Lamptey, Nathan Ake, Conor Gallagher, Eddie Nketiah, Rhian Brewster, Dominic Solanke, Levi Colwill and probably forgetting some... sort of speaks for itself imo.

Thought he was coaching the first team, I was referring to facilities.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He handed in a transfer request for Fulham ‘sake !!!

Probably seemed near enough at the time.

What changed his mind? Oh, offered more money/security!

Fancy that ???

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Bruno is a club legend, whether he left for money or not doesn’t change what he did for the club and the way he has carried himself throughout his entire time here.

In my eyes, there are many, many players and staff well ahead of him in that queue.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

(I'm going to whisper this. As a player, he was prone to many a hasty miss-placed pass. This improved towards the end of his career, but....still :shrug:)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very, very difficult to recruit a new senior person whilst telling them ‘you have to give xx a job or else’ (been there myself on both sides of the discussion). Instant tension between head coach and owner. Incoming head needs to have the ability to build his own team - may very well be that Bruno would have been a welcome part of that, but equally may not have been.

I think Adam is in transition……..will be our next Bruno (and a bloody good one).

But as highlighted we do have that approach. (Sorry, completing the circle - if we’d never done it then I’d agree with you).

Yes, would agree re Lallana, may even surpass Bruno….

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Oh yeah people would jump up and down in pure joy if he moves to Chelsea in January.

:facepalm: Jump up and down with joy? Certainly not, I’d be absolutely gutted but he would still be a Brighton legend for everything he’d done previous.

Same with Bruno, yes he’s ****ed off for the money but everything Bruno did for this club before this means he will always be a club legend in my eyes, Bruno did so much outside of the footballing side of things for the city and people of the city.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh yeah people would jump up and down in pure joy if he moves to Chelsea in January.

Personally, I think he peaked a couple of years ago.... :shrug:

A move to Chelsea is 110% not on the cards. Possibly 150%. Fact.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Personally, I think he peaked a couple of years ago.... :shrug:

A move to Chelsea is 110% not on the cards. Possibly 150%. Fact.

Agree he is not going to move.

Don't think he is any worse (or better) than he's been the last few years though, but turning 31 now and for a footballer there's usually just one way from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here