Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally agree with this - well said.

Given the makeup of the squad I imagine retaining Bruno would have been part of any negotiation... a truly outstanding candidate might, as an outside possibility, have been able to negotiate their terms and remove Bruno... but any coach with any sense would/will jump at the chance to retain inside knowledge and crucially a Spanish speaker, and also a great coach - clearly.

So... it’s a bit far fetched this Bruno getting the boot scenario... as for his message, fair enough but akin to GP it’s a bit self congratulatory near the end...

Anyway, it’s over - let’s try to refocus and move on.

See post 538

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Deserves its own thread rather than this hate-riddled one IMO.

I'm gonna repeat myself from the last few days but now urging rather than being angry about it: please dont hate this man. He is a human and sometimes humans make decisions that won't please all, it doesn't mean they're nasty or evil. Brighton clearly meant something to him or he wouldn't have stayed for ten years.

I think I’d put it slightly differently.

We’re human and we all make mistakes…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bruno letter

Now I know this was posted in the "Lets talk about Bruno" thread but as I'm imagining a couple of sensible people are staying well out of that thread I thought perhaps it should be posted in a new one. Else the mods can just remove or merge.

bruno.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Authentic (not proofread by a native English speaker).

But I'm bored now, and feel it would be best if he did one, whatever that means. ???

:wink:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very flippant of you, for such an important message to us, I can’t believe he did not show it to someone or notice it, he clearly managed took time to find a nice picture and type over it, spell check is on everything, lazy in my eyes.

Much like your reply.

Don’t be so needy.

I look at most footballers statements and think ‘well thats written by their PR company’

Bruno’s obviously written something himself and you’re pulling him up for a spelling mistake as a non English native speaker.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He wasn't going to be sacked, I think Paul Barbers interview made that reasonbly clear.

But it would have put him in a pretty insecure position regardless. If the new coach came and they worked together for a while and didn't quite like or respect each other, it could have turned very sour and there may not be another PL team in the area who'd take him on at that point.

I don't think that is why he left however. He can learn A LOT in Chelsea. Its not just about Graham - currently Chelsea have what could possible be the best academy in the world. All the coolest and newest training equipment and facilities.

If I was a young coach aiming to be the best in the world and got the offer to get well paid for observing and participating in a club where the academy and facilities had just produced 25% of the English national team... I'd be a maniac not to do it.

Iyour first point is very hypothetical, given what’s gone on before, but of course not impossible - however, neither is falling out of favour at Chelsea on that basis.

If memory serves me correct their academy scored lower than ours, which was the highest in the country until City came along.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think it's a genuine message from someone who knew that, for his career and learning to progress in the best way possible, he needed to follow Potter.

We all had teachers at school who got the best out of us. It's very much like that.

Bruno is a good bloke, he's given everything for this club, he's put his heart into the community.

It's time to move on. And so should we.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not good enough. Should have personally written all of us a hand written note

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Some of the stuff on this thread is the reason I hardly ever post anymore.

You can make your point without some of the vitriol I’m reading here.

I think he was wrong to go - totally. But others have a different opinions. Fair enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's just another 'kiss the badge' merchant 'til a better offer comes along.

Legend my @rse.

Move on.....

Every single person and player in modern football then.

When will people understand this, I can bet you every single one of our players and staff would move somewhere else if offered the wage increase they were, probably even Dunk.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still obvious to me that he left to continue his education under Potter and that he still loves the City and its people and is, generally, a good guy.

Still obvious to me that there are some fans who genuinely thought he'd never leave. "Badge kissing" in whatever form is inane. It simply encourages the fundamentalist.

Still obvious to me that we have a lot of middle class new wave fans who are probably secretly pleased. But they pay the bill.

Never gonna square that circle and certainly not with a brand new thread, when every thread on here is basically the same :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not good enough. Should have personally written all of us a hand written note

And made us all a warm milky drink, tucked us up, and sang Greensleves to us till we drifted off into a lovely sleep.

The heartless b'stard.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, but until the new manager is known, it can’t even be discussed………so 100% understand why Bruno took the Chelsea option. It was the only certain one he had (as well as all the other pull factors)

But then isn’t that why Bloom/Barber would reassure?

As per Barbers interview he was disappointed Bruno and Ben left, which at least indicates they would have a role going forward.

Parking Bruno, if Lallana is the new conduit between players and managers, potentially he may be on the new coaching team, though may feel he has a couple more seasons left.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Every single person and player in modern football then.

When will people understand this, I can bet you every single one of our players and staff would move somewhere else if offered the wage increase they were, probably even Dunk.

Dunk to Chelsea? In a heartbeat!

Except the call won't come because Potter knows he isn't good enough ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here