Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do we have history? I don't remember you. Well, I'm more than happy to put you on ignore and you can bask in the adulation of all the people who agree with your tiny minded nonsense.

Oh, hang on.... it's nobody!

:facepalm:
Don't you have some Internet forum posts to mark for grammar mistakes?

Apparently you do have some history here according to our friend with the very long memory, if you can remember what you posted 3 months ago (and maybe all the crap in between :wink:), it obviously cut deep :shrug:

If it was Grammar, Willie Pope would be proud :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This. What do you do? Move to Chelsea with your ex boss, and most of the top team, for a big salary increase and no need to uproot the family, or stick it out at Brighton to almost certainly be sacked immediately by the next manager who will want to bring in his own guys?

And yet many people are, at best, saying 'I know why he done it but I still don't understand'. FFS!

Very limited evidence to suggest he would have been sacked immediately.

Oatway got a job under Poyet
Jones under Hughton
Bruno under Potter

Bloom is very good at ensuring continuity and minimal disruption.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hey….you’re an aspiring, recently qualified coach. Would you like to continue to work with one of the highest-regarded, most intelligent coaches in the game on maybe triple your current salary, or stay in your current job where there’s a risk the new boss won’t want you in a couple of weeks time and you’ll be out of a job anyway ?

Yeah….tough decision.

Still don’t like it at all, and in particular the speed and timing of it all has been disconcerting, but completely understand why he’s gone. Also, if he continues to learn and becomes an elite coach he’ll 100% be welcomed back by me if he’s up for the manager’s job one day.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Jones under Hughton
Bruno under Potter

Is Oatway a good example ?

I’m sure Bloom couldn’t guarantee a job, otherwise he ran the risk of upsetting a potential candidate. And Bruno might not want to work with them anyway

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’m sure Bloom couldn’t guarantee a job, otherwise he ran the risk of upsetting a potential candidate. And Bruno might not want to work with them anyway

Exactly…..huge uncertainty for Bruno either way. Doomed to failure if the new guy has a ‘directive’ from Bloom to find a place for him.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Jones under Hughton
Bruno under Potter

Totally agree with this - well said.

Given the makeup of the squad I imagine retaining Bruno would have been part of any negotiation... a truly outstanding candidate might, as an outside possibility, have been able to negotiate their terms and remove Bruno... but any coach with any sense would/will jump at the chance to retain inside knowledge and crucially a Spanish speaker, and also a great coach - clearly.

So... it’s a bit far fetched this Bruno getting the boot scenario... as for his message, fair enough but akin to GP it’s a bit self congratulatory near the end...

Anyway, it’s over - let’s try to refocus and move on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hey….you’re an aspiring, recently qualified coach. Would you like to continue to work with one of the highest-regarded, most intelligent coaches in the game on maybe triple your current salary, or stay in your current job where there’s a risk the new boss won’t want you in a couple of weeks time and you’ll be out of a job anyway ?

Yeah….tough decision.

Still don’t like it at all, and in particular the speed and timing of it all has been disconcerting, but completely understand why he’s gone. Also, if he continues to learn and becomes an elite coach he’ll 100% be welcomed back by me if he’s up for the manager’s job one day.

Alternatively, I aspire to a top job one day and am looking for as much varied experience as I can get, after all I realise there multiple ways of playing football, developing tactics and styles. Therefore having learnt from an excellent teacher in the last three years, I’ll listen to another method/theory and pull all of the best practices together, to eventually take Brighton into Europe.

Not an easy decision.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Well, nice sentiments and I’m not full of hate just disappointment, you can’t blame him for going and not missing a life changing opportunity for him and more importantly his family, probably set for life.

I am disappointed that he couldn’t be bothered to spell check his message to all of us, comes a tad rushed and disingenuous, a bit like his move, explains a lot.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Yeah….tough decision.

But But But :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well, nice sentiments and I’m not full of hate just disappointment, you can’t blame him for going and not missing a life changing opportunity for him and more importantly his family, probably set for life.

I am disappointed that he couldn’t be bothered to spell check his message to all of us, comes a tad rushed and unthought out, a bit like his move, explains a lot.

He’ll write it in Spanish for you if you ask nicely I’m sure

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This. What do you do? Move to Chelsea with your ex boss, and most of the top team, for a big salary increase and no need to uproot the family, or stick it out at Brighton to almost certainly be sacked immediately by the next manager who will want to bring in his own guys?

And yet many people are, at best, saying 'I know why he done it but I still don't understand'. FFS!

Harry I agree mostly with your sentiment, but I don’t with the “almost certainly be sacked” …I think there is a good chance he would have been retained and that’s not ignoring the fact that someone will bring in an assistant or two (or if GP 5)..I guess it’s just an opinion like yours.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

We are a very attractive proposition, I would suggest Bloom can dictate what he wants. See examples.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are a very attractive proposition, I would suggest Bloom can dictate what he wants. See examples.

Maybe he can make some suggestions on team selection to while he’s at it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently you do have some history here according to our friend with the very long memory, if you can remember what you posted 3 months ago (and maybe all the crap in between :wink:), it obviously cut deep :shrug:

If it was Grammar, Willie Pope would be proud :thumbsup:

Was it "Could have"? Still, I do have an NVQ in faux vituperation, so it could of been anything. :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He’ll write it in Spanish for you if you ask nicely I’m sure

Very flippant of you, for such an important message to us, I can’t believe he did not show it to someone or notice it, he clearly managed took time to find a nice picture and type over it, spell check is on everything, lazy in my eyes.

Much like your reply.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Harry I agree mostly with your sentiment, but I don’t with the “almost certainly be sacked” …I think there is a good chance he would have been retained and that’s not ignoring the fact that someone will bring in an assistant or two (or if GP 5)..I guess it’s just an opinion like yours.

I agree completely that it's a difference in opinion for us :thumbsup:

However, for Bruno it's the next step in a career that he, his parents, his spouse and children have invested the best part of well over 40 years of their lives in. That is a big investment to put on a good chance ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes, OK, I did gild the dandelion with that. Let's just say that his medium term future looks a little more assured (and lucrative) under Potter's wing than under Steve Cotterills.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Jones under Hughton
Bruno under Potter

He wasn't going to be sacked, I think Paul Barbers interview made that reasonbly clear.

But it would have put him in a pretty insecure position regardless. If the new coach came and they worked together for a while and didn't quite like or respect each other, it could have turned very sour and there may not be another PL team in the area who'd take him on at that point.

I don't think that is why he left however. He can learn A LOT in Chelsea. Its not just about Graham - currently Chelsea have what could possible be the best academy in the world. All the coolest and newest training equipment and facilities.

If I was a young coach aiming to be the best in the world and got the offer to get well paid for observing and participating in a club where the academy and facilities had just produced 25% of the English national team... I'd be a maniac not to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here