[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think people need to get a grip. All good online, and when we play Chelsea but stuff like this against an innocent local business + when Bruno has a young family in the area is a bit far.

Was it the business who did it themselves? Seems they are fans.

LatinosA.png

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Ok JCL, I guess this leaves us in a worse position than we were in 25 years ago.

Of course we are in a better position than 25 years ago. Also in a better position than in 1902 after 1 year established and in a far better position than in 1896 or in 1666 when London was burning or when the Romans invaded.

However we are not in a better position than 1 week ago when we had some first team coaches and I watched us beat Leicester 5-2.

But I wouldn't know if we are better than 3 weeks ago because I'm a 'JCL'. So I'll wait for your continued history lessons whilst I figure out which club I've had a ST for, for the last 9 years.

What a utter moronic post.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Exactly old love we are all human, maybe it’s the nail on the head El Pres, there’s no such thing as a genuine Albion legend.

However I will forever put Sir Norman on a pedestal, and it breaks my heart to see him as he is today 💔

You’re forgetting Johnny Crumplin, not only a legend but also a football genius, AND I have the T-Shirt too!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bruno has left because he thinks Graham Potter is brilliant at his job, generous with his time, and an excellent mentor. Bruno has taken the view that his own personal development as a coach will be greater sticking with Potter than the Albion, who will be appointing a coach that he may not get on with to the same extent and it’s the best thing for the next phase of his career.

Under those circumstances I suspect most of us would have done the same.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I do agree but still think anything outside of football is off limits. Not sure Italian football support is a model to aspire towards

Agreed. Attacking a local business is daft. I'm just making the point there are worse countries than England and worse cities than Brighton and Hove to upset the local football fans.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Bruno has left because he thinks Graham Potter is brilliant at his job, generous with his time, and an excellent mentor. Bruno has taken the view that his own personal development as a coach will be greater sticking with Potter than the Albion, who will be appointing a coach that he may not get on with to the same extent and it’s the best thing for the next phase of his career.

Just as Charlie Oatway followed the other recent Messiah. The grass isn't always greener.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Being nice is not a fault. No sporting rivalry is worth that kind of abuse, especially to someone who, throughout his time working at the club, gave his all for the cause. I like that Glenn Murray can still be highly regarded by both us and our strongest rivals, having done an excellent job for both of us. It shows that fan bases can be well rounded and less governed by self defeating machismo. Chelsea are not Brighton's direct rivals and however disappointing it may be that Bruno's time with us has come to an end in the way it has, complaints about his decisions do not, in any way, justify fans taking any personal action against him, his friends, family or business. Its low, nasty and cowardly and it cannot be equated with the people we'd like to be, nor the treatment we would want to receive from others.

Mostly covered by my answer to Springal. I'm not defending it in any way but there are other clubs around the world who would go a lot further. That was my point. Earlier in the thread you were telling Swanny that anger can be good (punk etc) and it absolutely can. It's about being nice at the right time and angry at the right time.

We're a club with a history of niceness. The early days (before it cost too much) of guest beer in the away end, same sightlines and padding in the away end, clapping the away attendance (remember that?) and a very reactive and unintimidating atmosphere. Coupled with giving people long contracts and forgiving their early mistakes in the name of a project.

Mostly that gets us called a "model well run club". But that's now Ashworth and Potter who have failed to repay that niceness and loyalty. It's now every season that the Palace Ultras take the piss out of the ground rules and no one does anything. Every bad run at home gets worse as the crowd sink inside themselves instead of getting behind the team. At times we are too nice, or at least nice when we should be angry.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just as Charlie Oatway followed the other recent Messiah. The grass isn't always greener.

Ultimately it’s still grass.

The factor in his favour is that Bruno is now firmly part of Team Potter, so unless GP does a Steve Claridge at Millwall (sacked in precseason) or Ernie Wallet at Palace in 1981 (Google required kids 😂) he will be getting decent jobs for the next decade or so and taking Bruno, Billy Reid and Ben Roberts with him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Of course we are in a better position than 25 years ago. Also in a better position than in 1902 after 1 year established and in a far better position than in 1896 or in 1666 when London was burning or when the Romans invaded.

However we are not in a better position than 1 week ago when we had some first team coaches and I watched us beat Leicester 5-2.

But I wouldn't know if we are better than 3 weeks ago because I'm a 'JCL'. So I'll wait for your continued history lessons whilst I figure out which club I've had a ST for, for the last 9 years.

What a utter moronic post.

That told him! :ohmy:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Absolutely, plus of course the very fact that should he have stayed, the incoming head coach may well want to bring his own team in, meaning there would be no room for Senor Saltor at the club anyway.

From a purely selfish Bruno angle, it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mostly covered by my answer to Springal. I'm not defending it in any way but there are other clubs around the world who would go a lot further. That was my point. Earlier in the thread you were telling Swanny that anger can be good (punk etc) and it absolutely can. It's about being nice at the right time and angry at the right time.

We're a club with a history of niceness. The early days (before it cost too much) of guest beer in the away end, same sightlines and padding in the away end, clapping the away attendance (remember that?) and a very reactive and unintimidating atmosphere. Coupled with giving people long contracts and forgiving their early mistakes in the name of a project.

Mostly that gets us called a "model well run club". But that's now Ashworth and Potter who have failed to repay that niceness and loyalty. It's now every season that the Palace Ultras take the piss out of the ground rules and no one does anything. Every bad run at home gets worse as the crowd sink inside themselves instead of getting behind the team. At times we are too nice, or at least nice when we should be angry.

You keep making excuses on behalf of whoever did this.

"It is bad but..."

Showing who you are.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Very strong 'she won't let me see the kids' vibes here.

What a bizarre thing to do, when you REALLY think about it. A guy has moved jobs – for WHATEVER reason (no-one on here actually knows) –*and suddenly he's got messages like that on the door of a restaurant he goes to.

Imagine that being the thing that makes you *so* angry you have to handwrite a note about it :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Definitely this……..sure the cash is a factor, but his development as a coach will be the primary motivation.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There no guarantee there was going to be a place for him within the new coaching team, so he’s taken a job within a team(not a club) where he has solid working relationships.
I’m sore that he’s gone, but I understand why he probably chose to go

I don’t agree. One of Tony Bloom and the clubs greatest strengths is ensuring that there is a degree of continuity, and even more so in the case of ex-players. See Nathan Jones with Hughton and Bruno with Potter. Of course there have been others as well Crofts, Sidwell etc…

Bruno, I always felt was a distant third behind Billy Reid and Bjorn, and in terms of us would step up as an Assistant and provide that conduit between players and management, plus the continuity of what went before the new coach arrives.

As part of the terms of the incoming coach IMO, Bruno would have had a role. Perhaps it will be Lallana now or Crofts….

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

All a fair argument, but not for me.

Bruno as a senior professional/coach has missed the opportunity of advancement, and learning from someone else. There is more than one way to coach and also more than one way to play football. At Chelsea he’ll remain as far away from the top job or even Assistant coach as he ever was, and will be using the same techniques and drills that he’s been part of for three years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports