Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Eeeeeep - I think I’m most worried about the transition from black to red marker pen for the last line... maybe a bit strong.

I guess there’s some seriously strong emotion at play here, the end of the month might not be that ‘nice’ an atmosphere :/

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fair enough Lenny. Obviously the term “legend” is subjective but to me it centres around great service, loyalty, dignity, relationship with fans and wider community and performance. I therefore don’t classify Reinelt, Knockhaert or Potter as legends, but I do count Ward, Horton, Foster, Sully, Mullery and Dunk as such. I also count Ron Pavey, Derek Allen (ex co sec) and sally Townsend as legends of the club along with Bamber, Knight and Bloom. There are others.

Then you will certainly enjoy ‘Stand or Fall’ as Sally features heavily in it.

I loved old Ron Pavey but unfortunately his bluntness cost Mike Bailey his job, back in 1982 crowds had dipped below 15,000 in the First Division, Mike Bamber asked Ron to instruct his Lottery Sellers to conduct a doorstep opinion poll as to why people weren’t coming.

Ron relayed the results to Bamber ranging from “The football’s s***’ to “It’s like watching paint dry”, so he promptly sacked the manager. 🙈

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think people need to get a grip. All good online, and when we play Chelsea but stuff like this against an innocent local business + when Bruno has a young family in the area is a bit far.

It's undoubtedly out of order but it's not surprising. How do you think AC Milan Ultras would react to an AC Milan legend moving to Juve after six games of the best season they've ever seen along with every first team coach? Brighton fans are way too nice a lot of the time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's undoubtedly out of order but it's not surprising. How do you think AC Milan Ultras would react to an AC Milan legend moving to Juve after six games of the best season they've ever seen along with every first team coach? Brighton fans are way too nice a lot of the time.

I do agree but still think anything outside of football is off limits. Not sure Italian football support is a model to aspire towards

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sheebo I see like myself you are part of the 50 year club, do you not think the last few days has almost seen us rewriting the definition of a ‘Club Legend’?

When we started watching the likes of Sir Norman, Brian Powney, moving on to the likes of Sully, Wardy, Nobby and Fozzie could be almost certainly classed as ‘’legends’

PS In my eyes Rottindean born Steve Piper, the Lewis Dunk of his generation, was also a Legend.

Wardy put in a transfer request when at the club, as did Fozzie and Lewis Dunk. Brian Horton jumped ship from being manager to seek the bright lights of…Port Vale.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wardy put in a transfer request when at the club, as did Fozzie and Lewis Dunk. Brian Horton jumped ship from being manager to seek the bright lights of…Port Vale.

I think it’s a bit different this time around with Bruno, fairly sure we were in old Div 2 or lower with all of those.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Then you will certainly enjoy ‘Stand or Fall’ as Sally features heavily in it.

I loved old Ron Pavey but unfortunately his bluntness cost Mike Bailey his job, back in 1982 crowds had dipped below 15,000 in the First Division, Mike Bamber asked Ron to instruct his Lottery Sellers to conduct a doorstep opinion poll as to why people weren’t coming.

Ron relayed the results to Bamber ranging from “The football’s s***’ to “It’s like watching paint dry”, so he promptly sacked the manager. 🙈

Really?

As lottery agents from the word go, I don’t remember my parents being asked.

Edit - would have been Ray Woodford or Dave Treagus

scooter1

How soon is now?
I agree, but have to say out all of them Bruno’s departure is really disappointing.

There no guarantee there was going to be a place for him within the new coaching team, so he’s taken a job within a team(not a club) where he has solid working relationships.
I’m sore that he’s gone, but I understand why he probably chose to go

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There no guarantee there was going to be a place for him within the new coaching team, so he’s taken a job within a team(not a club) where he has solid working relationships.
I’m sore that he’s gone, but I understand why he probably chose to go

I thought that Bruno had a solid working relationship with Bloom, Crofts, Weir, Greer, Barber, Dunk, Lallana, Welbeck plus the first team and development squads, plus the fans, ex players…… so to say there might not have been a place for him under a new manager is basically a cop out. He has gone for the money. Full stop.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Exactly old love we are all human, maybe it’s the nail on the head El Pres, there’s no such thing as a genuine Albion legend.

However I will forever put Sir Norman on a pedestal, and it breaks my heart to see him as he is today 💔

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Completely sickening, and obviously to be expected that certain people here are making excuses for it. "No good, but........."

Embarrassing.
You are such an armchair supporter it’s actually quite funny. This past week anyone would think six team members have just left Aldi for a better job at Waitrose going by your posts.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Being nice is not a fault. No sporting rivalry is worth that kind of abuse, especially to someone who, throughout his time working at the club, gave his all for the cause. I like that Glenn Murray can still be highly regarded by both us and our strongest rivals, having done an excellent job for both of us. It shows that fan bases can be well rounded and less governed by self defeating machismo. Chelsea are not Brighton's direct rivals and however disappointing it may be that Bruno's time with us has come to an end in the way it has, complaints about his decisions do not, in any way, justify fans taking any personal action against him, his friends, family or business. Its low, nasty and cowardly and it cannot be equated with the people we'd like to be, nor the treatment we would want to receive from others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here