Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You’ve been fortunate in the extreme - this same poster has accused me of being a shit, a liar, a poor mans Easy 10... ahem... and if that wasn’t low enough he compounded it by bad mouthing the mighty Purps - unforgivable.
Have you been lucky enough to receive insults via PM too?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can rarely choose to show deep anger…… it just sort of happens when you get emotionally involved.

It is possible to control emotions. Its a part of growing up really. Take a few deep breaths, lock those feelings up, shrug, move on.

Is a pointless waste of time and energy to get angry about things out of your control.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
It is possible to control emotions. Its a part of growing up really. Take a few deep breaths, lock those feelings up, shrug, move on.

Is a pointless waste of time and energy to get angry about things out of your control.

I don’t know you but you come across as a reasonably well educated person.

Clearly you have read many a book and what you say makes sense. I have also read the books and you can apply a lot of this in a business sense and your personal life.

However what you are missing here is that despite ‘The Chimp paradox’ people are human. And being human means having emotions, it’s what makes us human.

Some can control the emotions, some can’t.

There’s not right or wrong, it’s just being human.

You post above comes across as rather condescending in a time that lots of people are hurting and being quite a clever person I would hope you have realised that.

All the best [emoji106]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I've got over Potter but Bruno still bugs me.

If he's gone to learn more from Potter and at some point leaves him to become #1 somewhere else, then that is maybe, possibly understandable.

If he's left to become an eternal member of Potter's Entourage then words fail me.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

No it isn't. Some of human kind's finest artistic achievements were the result of anger: Off the top of my head: Guernica, Howl, Like A Rolling Stone, Boys From The Blackstuff, The Handmaid's Tale, Punk. Public Enemy.

Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers used their anger at being turned away from the doors of Studio 54 to come up with 'Le Freak'. Anger is an energy, as Lydon put it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He simply said: “**** deep purple...”

I suspect he’s unaware of the mk1, 2, 3, 4 ... journey.

To say a thing like that, about a gentleman like Jon Lord... it brings a tear :(

Harsh. You'll just have to tell yourself that he was attacking the old Nino Tempo song that was favourite of Blackmore's nan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No it isn't. Some of human kind's finest artistic achievements were the result of anger: Off the top of my head: Guernica, Howl, Like A Rolling Stone, Boys From The Blackstuff, The Handmaid's Tale, Punk. Public Enemy.

Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers used their anger at being turned away from the doors of Studio 54 to come up with 'Le Freak'. Anger is an energy, as Lydon put it.
Not to mention how detrimental it is for mental health to bottle up ones emotions.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
No 'we' don't.

Don't underestimate the depth of level of shit them all leaving has left us in.

Think about it. We have NO first team coaches and, due to unfortunate circumstances nothing to do with it, we've luckily not got the next 2 scheduled games.

We have to replace the entire coaching structure at a time when we were soaring.

What a kick in the b0llocks.

Bloom and Barber will be fuming and I would think it would take something really really extra special to see him back here in anything other than the oppo dugout.

Ok JCL, I guess this leaves us in a worse position than we were in 25 years ago.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Ron Challis, Scott Mgleish etc. Good try …

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lol:

Look everywhere around you on this board. Plenty of long-time Albion fans who don't see the events as an excuse to behave like clingy sob-sisters cultivatig their mouldy neuroses.

Tony Bloom is in charge, the squad is great, plenty of players in queue to be great symbols of the club. Just like in life, people come and go and you move on.

Grow some.

That's the spirit

You and I have clashed as many NSC members are aware so understand I say the following as a private human being and not in my capacity as a moderator on this site:

Since joining you've succeeded in dividing, entertaining and infuriating NSC. Some of your posts on football are genuinely insightful and intelligent, your humour can be surreal and some of your other posts plain bonkers. That's all fine, That's what we're after. That's why plenty on here still like you as a poster.

But then there's the side of you that thinks you understand humans better than anyone else, even though, because of the length of time many stick on NSC, you're trying to undermine people who've lived 20 or 30 years longer than you, and in the community you think you know (you don't). There's the side to you that will always take the side of the underdog, even if you have to do mental gymnastics to do it. The side to you that wants to "win" an argument on the internet more than showing any empathy, understanding or willingness to be educated. The side that needs to defend your position as a super fan of a coach and not a team.

So if you're just here to continue winning petty arguments and defending Graham Potter to the hilt it's best you toddle off now, before all that remaining good will vanishes.

If you want to hang around because you've found you can support a club and use your undoubted football knowledge positively to provide insight on players or coaches many here won't have heard of that's great. That Swansman would be a valuable NSC member.

But right now you're just coming across as an arrogant petulant dick.

And (sorry, more playing the man here but I'm answering a specific point) when the really bad run hit at the end of 2020 and the Potter Out vote got to around 45/55 you railed against the thought that the club was bigger than any one man. Now you're using the same argument.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ron Challis, Scott Mgleish etc. Good try …

This! Bearing grudges is good for my soul. Can I please add David Elleray to that list too. 1991 Play off final the whole world knew that the corner for their first goal was incorrect. Gary ' Charlie' Chivers was my Amex tour host and even now it still rankles with him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This! Bearing grudges is good for my soul. Can I please add David Elleray to that list too. 1991 Play off final the whole world knew that the corner for their first goal was incorrect. Gary ' Charlie' Chivers was my Amex tour host and even now it still rankles with him.

I do have an unusually large grudge bank I’ve been told. Maybe it is better to let go but I’ve never got the hang of that.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I do have an unusually large grudge bank I’ve been told. Maybe it is better to let go but I’ve never got the hang of that.

" Grudge bank" I like that and may have to steal it. My version is a little unwieldy as it's my " Come the day of the revolution they'll be first against the wall " list. My wife has commented that mine is a little too long and ultimately unhealthy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
" Grudge bank" I like that and may have to steal it. My version is a little unwieldy as it's my " Come the day of the revolution they'll be first against the wall " list. My wife has commented that mine is a little too long and ultimately unhealthy.

Never confuse it with the w ank bank though…….. which can also be a little too long and unhealthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here