Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Can I just add the last two posts from [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] are the best I have read on what it means to be an Albion fan.

Weirdly, the last two posts by [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] are the very reasons I CANT get angry about what has happened over the past week.

We are Brighton and Hove Albion, what else did you expect! We are the team that the old jibe, “snatch defeat from the jaws of victory” could have been written for.

Potter has gone, but the club is still here, we will appoint a new manager and off we will go on another leg of the crazy world of supporting Brighton - enjoy!

UTA

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Weirdly, the last two posts by [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] are the very reasons I CANT get angry about what has happened over the past week.

We are Brighton and Hove Albion, what else did you expect! We are the team that the old jibe, “snatch defeat from the jaws of victory” could have been written for.

Potter has gone, but the club is still here, we will appoint a new manager and off we will go on another leg of the crazy world of supporting Brighton - enjoy!

UTA

I'm pretty sure I invented the phrase 'Typical Albion' way back in 1973:rolleyes: Puts helmet on.
I'm not angry I just want to get even :moo:

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Yeah I've heard it all a 100 times before over the last three years and it is always when I question if it is sensible to hate or show deep anger at someone at the club (or in this case someone who has been in the club for a long time and good job). I get it, you think paying tickets and being able to go to games each week makes you entitled to rage at people because they're not performing to your standards or behaving according to your wishes. That is a take one can have. I don't.

Why are you still here you odious tosspot? You're not a Brighton fan, you have no connection to our club and nothing you post has any validity. I think you need to leave and go here to continue your trolling:

https://www.theshedend.com/forum/29-chelsea-fc-forums/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can I just add the last two posts from [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] are the best I have read on what it means to be an Albion fan.
Having to put up with swansman?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You really do manage to wind up a lot of different people on here!

You never seem to understand that people get emotional about their football club and what they have been through when supporting it's ups and downs.

It's a shame because you do post some very knowledgeable and interesting stuff.... and then ruin it by belittling others.

Indeed - Swanny is a one of these modern football types. Doesn’t appear to have had any real connection with a club and invested time , money and emotions for large part of his life so he doesn’t get what being a real football supporter means.

Not a problem but he should stop telling people he can’t relate with what to do

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Incredible amount of gnashing and wailing on this. Thread and I still don't think one person knows what Bruno actually does/did at the Albion !!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As posted on another thread, it was obvious that the man who used to manage our club would leave at some point. What we didn't expect is that he would take the entire backroom staff (including those there before his arrival) with him.

So much for his confidence and "emotional intelligence" if he can't operate surrounded by new people and needs to be surrounded by his yes man clique

I can understand why some one of them have been blinded by the lights of Chelsea, all to a man having less than illustrious playing careers.

I'm over the lot of them and we move on.

Emotional intelligence has nothing to do with having a management team with him that he knows and trusts to work with. Like others said there was no guarantee Bruno would get a role with a new head coach and if he likes working with Potter then so be it.

How else do coaches build relationships with managers to further their career ? I’m sure Gus Poyet wasn’t thinking about how great it would be to work with Charlie Oatway as a coach before he joined , but still took him with him for a bit

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is your question Trigg?
Stato's posts covered what it means for you to be an Albion fan. Would you summarise that as having to put up with swansman?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We need to be nice to Bruno still. He could come back á la Arteta at Arsenal and what better place to carry on his apprenticeship. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic but I think he will be back.
You know how Tony hates what he feels is disloyalty ?

Bruno will only be back if Tony doesn't see it as such.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No. You really don't get it. I didn't write any of that and don't feel it. If you insist on wanting to argue, then read what I said and argue with that, rather than arguing with what you want me to have said.

If it's not clear, I'll state it plainly: The crux of what I've written is simply 'However right you think you are being, you are simply rubbing salt into a wound. People are hurting in a way that you do not understand, because your connection to this club is not an emotional one. Please show a bit of empathy and just stop.'

Essentially, if you want to argue, then you'll need to be explaining why your desire to be right should trump other people's pain. Good luck with that.

You really do manage to wind up a lot of different people on here!

You never seem to understand that people get emotional about their football club and what they have been through when supporting it's ups and downs.

It's a shame because you do post some very knowledgeable and interesting stuff.... and then ruin it by belittling others.

The fake swede is only on this site to wind people up. He is a condesendiing dick who loves the adulation a lot of posters give him. I sussed him years ago. Unfortunately the more people that blow smoke up his posterior the less likley he will leave this forum. :moo:

Whatever arguments you throw up they’ll be rebuffed, the man is a Potter fan end of. He doesn’t understand what being a fan of a club means or feels like because he’s never been one. It’s a shame that he has zero tolerance for any criticism of Potter and since the departure he has become an annoying patronising self satisfied pain in the arse imo. Also lacking in any empathy towards Albion fans feelings

Why are you still here you odious tosspot? You're not a Brighton fan, you have no connection to our club and nothing you post has any validity. I think you need to leave and go here to continue your trolling:

https://www.theshedend.com/forum/29-chelsea-fc-forums/

:lol:

Look everywhere around you on this board. Plenty of long-time Albion fans who don't see the events as an excuse to behave like clingy sob-sisters cultivatig their mouldy neuroses.

Tony Bloom is in charge, the squad is great, plenty of players in queue to be great symbols of the club. Just like in life, people come and go and you move on.

Grow some.

UTA

That's the spirit

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Look everywhere around you on this board. Plenty of long-time Albion fans who don't see the events as an excuse to behave like clingy sob-sisters cultivatig their mouldy neuroses.

Tony Bloom is in charge, the squad is great, plenty of players in queue to be great symbols of the club. Just like in life, people come and go and you move on.

Grow some.

That's the spirit

Until yesterday I have enjoyed your contributions to NSC.

I know for a fact that once football restarts your appearances on here will reduce and you will slowly shift to Chelsea forums. There is absolutely no way you’ll be able to resist doing it imo.

You are coming across as particularly unpleasant now, so I won’t be sorry to see you go

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
don't see the events as an excuse to behave like clingy sob-sisters cultivatig their mouldy neuroses.

Nobody did any of that. Stop making stuff up.

All that is happening here is some people saying 'I'm a bit cross about some of this,' and you saying 'Well, you're wrong to have emotions. Stop it,' and then not taking the hint when you're unsurprisingly told that your responses are not asked for, not helpful, and not respected. Carry on. I'm sure that you will.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Grow some.

You’re not winning any friends here Swanny.

The ink isn’t dry yet on Potter’s Chelsea contract, so many Albion fans are still going to be emotional, angry and upset, give it another week and many of us may have calmed down a bit.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Until yesterday I have enjoyed your contributions to NSC.

I know for a fact that once football restarts your appearances on here will reduce and you will slowly shift to Chelsea forums. There is absolutely no way you’ll be able to resist doing it imo.

You are coming across as particularly unpleasant now, so I won’t be sorry to see you go

You’ve been fortunate in the extreme - this same poster has accused me of being a shit, a liar, a poor mans Easy 10... ahem... and if that wasn’t low enough he compounded it by bad mouthing the mighty Purps - unforgivable.

I comfort myself in the surety that his contributions will wane as the sun sets on Potter at the Albion and rises anew over at the Bridge.

Patience is a virtue.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah I've heard it all a 100 times before over the last three years and it is always when I question if it is sensible to hate or show deep anger at someone at the club (or in this case someone who has been in the club for a long time and good job). I get it, you think paying tickets and being able to go to games each week makes you entitled to rage at people because they're not performing to your standards or behaving according to your wishes. That is a take one can have. I don't.

You can rarely choose to show deep anger…… it just sort of happens when you get emotionally involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here