Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A very good friend of mine knows Bruno pretty well and he texted him to wish him well in the future. Bruno said it was a heart wrenching decision but he had to go for it. They all visit the bar he owns as do several of the players.
I dunno …..’I just want to move’ on now. I’m disappointed but what’s the good in harbouring grudges.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah he could do that or he could wait until it is appropriate. Are you in a rush?

If Brighton sign a new manager the same day or the day before the funeral, do you expect him to break in during it saying "well howdy, I know it is a bit untimely, but I'd just like to say hello to you and that I'm happy to be in this new club. Now go on with the funeral and we'll talk later"?

IMO if we sign someone before the funeral I do expect an announcement and a message that he is happy to be here etc. I also expect to see similar comments from Barber and Bloom. I don't see it as disrespectful especially as most other people outside football are still living their lives going to watch rugby or cricket .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
IMO if we sign someone before the funeral I do expect an announcement and a message that he is happy to be here etc. I also expect to see similar comments from Barber and Bloom. I don't see it as disrespectful especially as most other people outside football are still living their lives going to watch rugby or cricket .

I don't see it as disrespectful either, but if three people do see it that way and complain about it there will be headlines etc. Which is why pretty much every club is very quiet atm.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah he could do that or he could wait until it is appropriate. Are you in a rush?

If Brighton sign a new manager the same day or the day before the funeral, do you expect him to break in during it saying "well howdy, I know it is a bit untimely, but I'd just like to say hello to you and that I'm happy to be in this new club. Now go on with the funeral and we'll talk later"?

No offence, because I do appreciate your contributions on here, but I'd suggest that, if someone tells you explicitly that they're still angry and that a simple holding message may have eased the situation, you wouldn't need to have a degree in Emotional Intelligence to know that a stupidly transparent straw man response to try to win the argument is pretty pointless and insensitive and that just shutting up may prioritise winning friends over scoring points.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No offence, because I do appreciate your contributions on here, but I'd suggest that, if someone tells you explicitly that they're still angry and that a simple holding message may have eased the situation, you wouldn't need to have a degree in Emotional Intelligence to know that a stupidly transparent straw man response to try to win the argument is pretty pointless and insensitive and that just shutting up may prioritise winning friends over scoring points.

Nah. I'm telling you like it is. Find me a football manager or player who has spoken on football matters this weekend. You don't want a goodbye, you want to be angry for not getting one.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We need to be nice to Bruno still. He could come back á la Arteta at Arsenal and what better place to carry on his apprenticeship. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic but I think he will be back.

No 'we' don't.

Don't underestimate the depth of level of shit them all leaving has left us in.

Think about it. We have NO first team coaches and, due to unfortunate circumstances nothing to do with it, we've luckily not got the next 2 scheduled games.

We have to replace the entire coaching structure at a time when we were soaring.

What a kick in the b0llocks.

Bloom and Barber will be fuming and I would think it would take something really really extra special to see him back here in anything other than the oppo dugout.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Lets say Bruno called Tony and said "Graham is asking me to go with him, what will my role be here if I stay?" Tony would have to say that he could not guarantee him a role as a first team coach of any sort, because a new manager would want to make that decision. Bruno then has a choice between first team coach at Chelsea with a team of coaches he knows well and likes, or wait and see if he has a job here, and whether he gets on with the new boss, or ends up coaching the U23's because the new manager doesnt want him.
Bruno made the right decision, I don't like it, but it makes sense to me for him to go.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Lets say Bruno called Tony and said "Graham is asking me to go with him, what will my role be here if I stay?" Tony would have to say that he could not guarantee him a role as a first team coach of any sort, because a new manager would want to make that decision. Bruno then has a choice between first team coach at Chelsea with a team of coaches he knows well and likes, or wait and see if he has a job here, and whether he gets on with the new boss, or ends up coaching the U23's because the new manager doesnt want him.
Bruno made the right decision, I don't like it, but it makes sense to me for him to go.

Bloom would have found him a job and paid him well. Bloom as a fan understands where Bruno sits in terms of fans psyche.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Bloom would have found him a job and paid him well. Bloom as a fan understands where Bruno sits in terms of fans psyche.

Exactly. As he did when he sacked Hughton.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nah. I'm telling you like it is. Find me a football manager or player who has spoken on football matters this weekend. You don't want a goodbye, you want to be angry for not getting one.

I tried to be reasonable, but you are obviously just about point scoring. Okay. Point scoring it is. Let's play it your way.

You are not a Brighton fan. You have never done a single thing to help the club or community and have no idea what it feels like to feel unrestrained joy or to truly hurt as a Brighton fan. You have earned nothing. You weren't here when things were bad and have shown nothing to suggest that you have any real concept of how truly bad they were. You haven't lived it. You haven't lost people with which you shared it. You think that watching lots of different football on streams makes you an expert on the sport? No. At its core, football supporting is not even really about football. It is about community, emotion and shared experience. It is about having absolutely nothing else in common with the stranger sat next to you, but hugging and crying with them because you've tacitly agreed to share a passion for the way that this silly game can make humans feel about the place they happen to come from and the people they share it with. You came here for Potter. He's gone now. If you want to follow him, get to Chelsea and lecture them about how to feel about some other place that you've never been to. If you'd rather stay here, have a touch of humility when confronted with what football supporting really is and understand that despite everything you think you know, you don't know how we feel and you will never know how we feel until you have felt it yourself. When it comes to raw emotion, nobody will ever thank you for telling them from a distance that they are feeling things wrong. The lack of empathy will win you no friends.

Or as Jarvis put it: "Everybody hates a tourist. Especially one who thinks its all such a laugh..."

I'm sorry if this seems harsh. Don't poke the bear. Especially if he's had a bad week and has been on the scotch.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I have no doubt he would have given him a role, but he could not guarantee that he would like it as much as working with Potter as a first team coach. There are/were first team coaches at Chelsea now wondering what they will be doing, because Potter has brought everyone he wants with him for the first team.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As posted on another thread, it was obvious that the man who used to manage our club would leave at some point. What we didn't expect is that he would take the entire backroom staff (including those there before his arrival) with him.

So much for his confidence and "emotional intelligence" if he can't operate surrounded by new people and needs to be surrounded by his yes man clique

I can understand why some one of them have been blinded by the lights of Chelsea, all to a man having less than illustrious playing careers.

I'm over the lot of them and we move on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I tried to be reasonable, but you are obviously just about point scoring. Okay. Point scoring it is. Let's play it your way.

You are not a Brighton fan. You have never done a single thing to help the club or community and have no idea what it feels like to feel unrestrained joy or to truly hurt as a Brighton fan. You have earned nothing. You weren't here when things were bad and have shown nothing to suggest that you have any real concept of how truly bad they were. You haven't lived it. You haven't lost people with which you shared it. You think that watching lots of different football on streams makes you an expert on the sport? No. At its core, football supporting is not even really about football. It is about community, emotion and shared experience. It is about having absolutely nothing else in common with the stranger sat next to you, but hugging and crying with them because you've tacitly agreed to share a passion for the way that this silly game can make humans feel about the place they happen to come from and the people they share it with. You came here for Potter. He's gone now. If you want to follow him, get to Chelsea and lecture them about how to feel about some other place that you've never been to. If you'd rather stay here, have a touch of humility when confronted with what football supporting really is and understand that despite everything you think you know, you don't know how we feel and you will never know how we feel until you have felt it yourself. When it comes to raw emotion, nobody will ever thank you for telling them from a distance that they are feeling things wrong. The lack of empathy will win you no friends.

Or as Jarvis put it: "Everybody hates a tourist. Especially one who thinks its all such a laugh..."

I'm sorry if this seems harsh. Don't poke the bear. Especially if he's had a bad week and has been on the scotch.

Yeah I've heard it all a 100 times before over the last three years and it is always when I question if it is sensible to hate or show deep anger at someone at the club (or in this case someone who has been in the club for a long time and good job). I get it, you think paying tickets and being able to go to games each week makes you entitled to rage at people because they're not performing to your standards or behaving according to your wishes. That is a take one can have. I don't.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah I've heard it all a 100 times before over the last three years and it is always when I question if it is sensible to hate or show deep anger at someone at the club (or in this case someone who has been in the club for a long time and good job). I get it, you think paying tickets and being able to go to games each week makes you entitled to rage at people because they're not performing to your standards or behaving according to your wishes. That is a take one can have. I don't.

No. You really don't get it. I didn't write any of that and don't feel it. If you insist on wanting to argue, then read what I said and argue with that, rather than arguing with what you want me to have said.

If it's not clear, I'll state it plainly: The crux of what I've written is simply 'However right you think you are being, you are simply rubbing salt into a wound. People are hurting in a way that you do not understand, because your connection to this club is not an emotional one. Please show a bit of empathy and just stop.'

Essentially, if you want to argue, then you'll need to be explaining why your desire to be right should trump other people's pain. Good luck with that.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

You really do manage to wind up a lot of different people on here!

You never seem to understand that people get emotional about their football club and what they have been through when supporting it's ups and downs.

It's a shame because you do post some very knowledgeable and interesting stuff.... and then ruin it by belittling others.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The fake swede is only on this site to wind people up. He is a condesendiing dick who loves the adulation a lot of posters give him. I sussed him years ago. Unfortunately the more people that blow smoke up his posterior the less likley he will leave this forum. :moo:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Who cares what he says?
Lots of people, weirdly! Days later and hundreds of Albion fans on social media still pining for some kind of statement from him.

Odd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No. You really don't get it. I didn't write any of that and don't feel it. If you insist on wanting to argue, then read what I said and argue with that, rather than arguing with what you want me to have said.

If it's not clear, I'll state it plainly: The crux of what I've written is simply 'However right you think you are being, you are simply rubbing salt into a wound. People are hurting in a way that you do not understand, because your connection to this club is not an emotional one. Please show a bit of empathy and just stop.'

Essentially, if you want to argue, then you'll need to be explaining why your desire to be right should trump other people's pain. Good luck with that.

Whatever arguments you throw up they’ll be rebuffed, the man is a Potter fan end of. He doesn’t understand what being a fan of a club means or feels like because he’s never been one. It’s a shame that he has zero tolerance for any criticism of Potter and since the departure he has become an annoying patronising self satisfied pain in the arse imo. Also lacking in any empathy towards Albion fans feelings

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This all day long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here