Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
please not Bruno the lack of experience is frightening to think he goes anywhere closer to Crofts or his replacement - think Kevin Keegan ok enough said!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There are some VERY precious people around here. All because a man leaves a job and gets another one somewhere else.

I bet some of those frothing at the gash are the same people who wouldn't hesitate in calling others 'snowflakes' or complain about people getting 'cancelled'

It's all a bit sad. In every sense.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A fair few have assumed that Bruno remains and, very possibly, will caretake the gap until the next main man is brought in. Is that certain?

If Potter now sees Bruno as a part of #TeamPotter, would he go with him?

It very possibly depends on what Albion offer him to stay behind. It may be the top job or nothing, but is he ready for that?

There's also the risk of staying and the next manager bringing his own coaching team with Bruno essentially eased out.

Losing Bruno would probably hurt me more than losing Potter, frankly...

Yep, I hadn’t even considered it and have only really caught up this afternoon. I’m gutted to have lost Bruno. Potter has cleaned out the club and deserves derision upon his return with his new lot.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bruno was a great player and has done a lot of the community

But

For godddds sake does anyone actually know if he's any good as a coach?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For Bruno to leave when the club is in total turmoil is absolutely devastating for me. Only Calde coming back can make up for this betrayal.

Roberts I understand - sadly it means Sanchez and maybe Rushworth will follow him in the summer, but that's all fixable although very unfortunate.

Only if Chelsea are going to offer us £100m or so, I presume.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There are some VERY precious people around here. All because a man leaves a job and gets another one somewhere else.

I bet some of those frothing at the gash are the same people who wouldn't hesitate in calling others 'snowflakes' or complain about people getting 'cancelled'

It's all a bit sad. In every sense.

Well, it is a football forum so it’s kind of what it’s for. I think it perfectly natural to be a bit gutted that Potter has ripped a gigantic chunk out of the club. Most people aren’t going to buy him a cake for doing so like when Ethel in HR leaves after 25 years service to the company :)

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Wow 1 week ago we had a male priminister, female head of state the queen and Brighton had a manager

Now we have a female priminister, male head of state the king and Brighton have no manager or management team.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wow 1 week ago we had a male priminister, female head of state the queen and Brighton had a manager

Now we have a female priminister, male head of state the king and Brighton have no manager or management team.
Sadly, I think that the next week will be our Highwater mark, we might beat Bournemouth but equally we might fall apart. And that might well be it for us, a slow slide back down the table towards obscurity.

Unless we can find someone inspirational, and quickly, we're done.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
SSN suggested we got £21 million in compensation
I thought Potter was 2 years in to a 5 year contract ? That does not sound much for Potter and the whole team we have had stripped from us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Devastating.

We've lost our Capitan, our King.

Just awful.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
It just all feels so quick, I would have liked to think he would have taken more than a few hours to make the decision. Sadly it seems it was no choice at all and jumped at the chance!!!

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not surprised at the others as they are a coaching team, and Roberts is well thought of so why not bring him with you. Bruno going does surprise me though, or at least the speed of it. He is so early in his coaching career. We as a club were essentially providing an environment for him to learn his trade, and given his history to us I would have thought he might prioritise that perfect environment to keep learning. Away from Brighton he basically has to prove his worth, and does not have the safety net of our allegiance to him.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
People saying he wouldn’t go. Bet you feel ridiculous now, don’t you?

Take this as a chance to learn and improve your thought processes. Copy the opinions of those who know what they’re talking about on here (me and a handful of others).

This will be a relegation fight. You’ve heard it here first.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Take this as a chance to learn and improve your thought processes. Copy the opinions of those who know what they’re talking about on here (me and a handful of others).

Quite possibly. Have made the point many times that planning, patience, steady improvement is all nonsense in football because all about the moment.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Probably. I can't see any of the available options being able to come in and get what Potter did out of this squad straight away. I fear we're going to have to give the new guy one, two, even three seasons to get us back to that level, who knows. We'll probably lose our key players as well...

A real kick in the bollocks. What a crap day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here