Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think the club need to elaborate more instead of leaving us in limbo!!

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
Is Lua Lua coming? What exactly is holding things up? Has he failed medical? As much as "In Gus we trust" it seems there are lots of players leaving, which we hear about but no news apart from Buckley and Hoskins which was sorted out weeks ago now!
Also.....any thoughts on defence... As much as we love him, is Calderon good enough for the championship? Not too much pace there! Is Greer good enough against tricky fast centre forwards? Jurys out for me still with Greer!
Thoughts and no doubt sarcastic comments welcome.. :thumbsup:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In limbo? The club would be v foolish to make public annoucements whilst negotiating.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
It's the 21st June - we have signed two players for over a million combined.

A few years ago, when went up to the Championship (both under Hinshelwood & McGhee), we were sifting around for players after the season had started. Now we can be a lot more selective and ambitious about new signings.

I think you just need to relax and let the club get on with their business.

Stumpy Tim

1178.gif

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
It's the 21st June - we have signed two players for over a million combined.

A few years ago, when went up to the Championship (both under Hinshelwood & McGhee), we were sifting around for players after the season had started. Now we can be a lot more selective and ambitious about new signings.

I think you just need to relax and let the club get on with their business.

HINSHELWOOD? You mean Taylor?

I see what you've done there... but no crediting HINSHELWOOD with the promotion please!

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sometimes you read a post and inwardly cringe, and this is one of them.

WHEN there is concrete news the club will make an announcement, this is what they did with Murray, the two Wills and so on. That is a far better way to conduct business than give constant snippets of nothingness to appease a professional bedwetter.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
HINSHELWOOD? You mean Taylor?

I see what you've done there... but no crediting HINSHELWOOD with the promotion please!

Correct me if I'm wrong but Taylor walked the day after the open top bus tour or near enough so didn't even get involved in team building for the following season!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Is Lua Lua coming? What exactly is holding things up? Has he failed medical? As much as "In Gus we trust" it seems there are lots of players leaving, which we hear about but no news apart from Buckley and Hoskins which was sorted out weeks ago now!
Also.....any thoughts on defence... As much as we love him, is Calderon good enough for the championship? Not too much pace there! Is Greer good enough against tricky fast centre forwards? Jurys out for me still with Greer!
Thoughts and no doubt sarcastic comments welcome.. :thumbsup:

You have a very apt name - for people reading your posts!

Do you really expect a professionally run football club to undertake player recruitment in public?

Of the "lots of players leaving" only two were actually wanted - Murray (but not at his valuation of himself!) and Bennett (who we look to have agreed back in January to let leave). The rest are only dross, and not up to the Championship.

We are all entitled to our opinion of players - but at the end of the day the only person's that matters is Gus'.

I am sure we are all desperate to know who will be in our squad at the start of the season (I know I am), but we will all have to be patient I am afraid.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Taylor walked the day after the open top bus tour or near enough so didn't even get involved in team building for the following season!

He certainly walked when Dick Tight told him his playing budget for the following season in the "Championship" (or whatever it was called at that time).

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yawn......

and for its worth, Calde and Greer will be fine for the championship, so will painter and Adam, Dunk will be more suited than Tommy (IMHO), but we do need some back up which I am sure Gus is on top of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here