Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think that's the best I have ever seen Brighton play

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
There are a few superlatives knocking around on this thread. Brilliant excellent etc.

They ignore what the thread is getting at.

The title is that is the best ive ever seen us play. (or something like that, im pissed )

So that's the question i have for you all. Is that the best brighton and hove albion performance of all time?

If not, then let me know what is. I mean, yes we played very well away at Peterborough a decade ago. Im sure there were some Peter ward inspired walloppings of Newport and Rotherham when i was 3. But have we, in the midst of an injury crisis, taken to the f ing cleaners, a team of champions league finalists with some of the finest international footballers in the world with out youth team basically doing the damage.

Educate me otherwise by all means..

But no....

That is the best performance in our history

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
At an emotional level there have been many games that have matched ( and exceeded) what we achieved today: Cup victories over Liverpool, getting to the F.A. Cup final etc...... but, as you say, comprehensively beating a team that only recently was in the Champions League final is a fantastic achievement.

It’s still early doors but the change in playing style and tactics seems to have been transformational. I was a great fan of CH but this is different and far more entertaining.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We were excellent but they were entirely abject, which made our performance hard to assess. Good on paper and all that but they really were shithouse

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We were excellent but they were entirely abject, which made our performance hard to assess. Good on paper and all that but they really were shithouse

Oh dude, why bring impartiality into it....

Your actually correct, and after reading all the shit about, “relationship problems” within the Tottenham camp, maybe it was a given. However we looked awesome and no one is going to take that away from me tonight.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I cannot think of any better off of the top of my head but saying the best ever is a very bold statement

Possibly, but nobody including those who've been going for years can put up a serious alternative for best ever performance .... which means it probably is

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think many are getting too caught up, Spurs were poor and against most other teams we wouldnt get the time and space that gave us. though the way we play will mean teams make teams a little hesitant because with Maupay and Connelly we can damage on the counter attack. positive is numbers in the box.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nightmare at London road still the best I’ve seen

Yesterday was very very very good though .

The early gift of a goal set the tone nicely

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
For me, that 5:0 win over Norwich a few seasons back was one of the best games I've been to in recent years. 3:0 up to United was extrordinary but the final score took the shine off it. Today we were good, almost very good, but as all the papers will say, Spurs were bad.
Funny you mentioned that Norwich game as I was thinking of that as the last time I remember a total demolition of an opposing side, and to think yesterday's opponents were CL finalists a few months back, remarkable

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
It was definitely a high point of 40 years watching the Albion.
There have been many others but all that matters now is this current team and manager, and it’s bloody exciting to witness!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was definitely a high point of 40 years watching the Albion.
There have been many others but all that matters now is this current team and manager, and it’s bloody exciting to witness!!

A performance and result of beauty, I'm sill on a high now. You just have to love Potter and the players for that. There's so much to look forward to an Albion fan.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I have been thinking about this - now 24 hours after the final whistle I definitely believe this was the best (and most complete performance) I have seen in my 40 years of supporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have been thinking about this - now 24 hours after the final whistle I definitely believe this was the best (and most complete performance) I have seen in my 40 years of supporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan's strong arm save, at the end, ices the cake for me.

That pretty much made him the final 10/10 player (through no fault of his own) and keeping a clean sheet made it the 'best ever' team performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here