Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think Man City would rather play Man Utd in the final than play us ....

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
... what do you think?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Look on the blue moon forum, their fans all want us to win.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I’ve been finding it hard to get that excited about tomorrow because of the inevitability of losing to City in the final if we did make it past United. But really I need to ignore that, and just enjoy the day tomorrow.. & if we do play City well anything can happen
'If' we make the final, I think the pressure will be on City, as they'll be expected to win, but we will be a different proposition to Sheffield.
Get to the final and I'd say we have an equal chance of winning as they do.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Think we will give City more of a challenge than Man U. Also City could be looking at Champions League final the week after which is more important to them than the FA Cup

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I’ve been finding it hard to get that excited about tomorrow because of the inevitability of losing to City in the final if we did make it past United. But really I need to ignore that, and just enjoy the day tomorrow.. & if we do play City well anything can happen
If we manage to win tomorrow I'm pretty sure we would have a very good chance in the final. As underdogs yes, but not by the margins of yesteryear.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we lose to City in the final do we get a Europa place due to them qualifying for the Champions League ?
Not these days, alas. But it does mean an extra place opens up in the league.

So whatever happens now, 7th qualifies for Europe. If it doesn't, it can only mean we won the FA Cup.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think you add back in Ferguson, Lallana (for 60 mins), Veltman to us and we give Citeh a better game than manure with Varane, Martinez and Martial back.

They’ll obviously be BIG favourites against either side but we could have a chance for sure, and with some luck swinging our way as important Citeh injury, red card, referee or VAR mistake (oooops forgot those never go against big 6 sides so maybe not the latter). Anything like that adding a couple % to manure’s chance might add five % to our’s. Would also shirley be a better story and match for neutrals if we play them.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
So if we get to the final it's inevitable that we'll lose, although anything can happen?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Defeat to City is not inevitable. We are in it to win it!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
City have the fire power to easily beat us or Man United.

I don't think they care.
Their record in FA Cups in the last 15 years is poor with the talent and astonishingly good teams they’ve had. They win finals when they are facing the likes of Stoke or Watford and are generally beaten when they face a very decent team in the final stages. It’s always been the Premier League for Citeh since they hit the jackpot with their wealthy owners.

That said, psychologically, they’d prefer us to Man Utd. It’s also probable that they wouldn’t get all the big officiating decisions going in their favour (which they are used to) if they played their neighbours.

They want us.

And after their victory yesterday, my god we want them even more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here