Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think I'm going to go this afternoon

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I quite fancy it.

I feel like REBELLING and making a 'CLUB IN CRISIS' or 'KNIGHT OUT' sign to wave at Dickie.

But I'd never do that, would be great to see some form of visual or verbal unrest from the fans today.

My own opinion is that the club have had a fairly easy ride from the fans over the past year considering the Bas Savage/ George Callaghan/ Dean Hammond / Wilkins sacking / Adams back / rubbish signings / Robbie Savage (wtf?) / Adams sacked/ gannon publicly declared first choice then to turn us down etc etc (I've probably missed off loads more turmoil.

Anyway, looking forward (as always) to seeing the albion this afternoon, here's to 3 points and the sun coming out.

:albion2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The sun is set to be obscured by the clouds.

Pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right now, but hey ho. Still going today but don't have too much enthusiasm for it to be honest. Club's a bit of a joke really.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
I quite fancy it.

I feel like REBELLING and making a 'CLUB IN CRISIS' or 'KNIGHT OUT' sign to wave at Dickie.

But I'd never do that, would be great to see some form of visual or verbal unrest from the fans today.

My own opinion is that the club have had a fairly easy ride from the fans over the past year considering the Bas Savage/ George Callaghan/ Dean Hammond / Wilkins sacking / Adams back / rubbish signings / Robbie Savage (wtf?) / Adams sacked/ gannon publicly declared first choice then to turn us down etc etc (I've probably missed off loads more turmoil.

Anyway, looking forward (as always) to seeing the albion this afternoon, here's to 3 points and the sun coming out.

I don't agree, Remember, the ony money the club as, is the money that DK, Blooms and board put in from its own pocket. So if they make mistakes along the way, then we have to accept them.

For me it was Adams that had the easy ride, but I understand why - he did well before and also helped out with the Falmer campaign. Both give him respect. He had to go however because his brand of football was old fashioned, useless hoofing.

what about just saying Ggod luck too the board

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I quite fancy it.

FFS. You should start every game with optimistic anticipation, otherwise whats the point of it all?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I quite fancy it.

I see that you put 'Adams back' and 'Adams sacked' in the same list. I'm not sure what you want from the club there!

Anyway, the only real thing that I think is open to criticism is the Wilkins sacking and there yet may be a decent (but private) reason for that. Not sure what we have to criticise about the likes of Robbie Savage (seems to be doing OK in a higher division) or George Callaghan (where is he now anyway!).

I've done a fair bit of 'visual and verbal unrest' in the past, but only against owners trying to destroy the club, I can't for the life of me see what warrants it now.

I quite fancy it.

Instead of actually being anguished and a miserable moaner at ANYTHING this afternoon, why not actually go to the match to support the team - regardless of any moment in the game that may suit the opposition?

I know, it is a RADICAL suggestion, but hey, I haven't taken my pill yet this morning.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I was going to go but now I am not, can't be arsed to sit there and watch Dean White try and pass himself off as a manager.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I quite fancy it.

So are you suggesting that the board should have run the club differently than they have? - like for instance, so that it isn't running at such a great loss each season, or by providing money to finance what the fans were asking for, such as Adams return, or new players during the transfer windows?

FFS - some people are never satisfied, the current board have been trying thier best to keep the club competitive on the pitch, to get the building of Falmer underway, and when things arn't going quite right, they could have easily turned around and said that there was no more money available to change things, with the aim of trying to run the club as close to being solvant as they could, but no, instead they try to meet the fans calls for new investment in the team, and when Wilkins was here and fans were callingfor his sacking and for Adams return, yet when Wilkins finally went (for whatever reason) they bring back Adams as the fans wanted, and yet the fans still continue to moan. They could have easily said that the new ground was beyond their clubs means to build and settled as having Withdean long term.

It makes me wonder why they should bother putting their own money into a club that is insolvent, if all the thanks they get for basically throwing their hard earned money away is idiots like you who still arn't happy, they are trying their best for the club and for the fans and a little grattitude wouldn't go amiss rather than thinking that someone who has no idea about the day to day running of a football club that is loss making and yet still trying to give the fans a new stadium too - what else do you want from them? - blood?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'm actually looking forward to it, only because its my first home game for a year or so after working abroad.

Ooops, I havent actually got a ticket yet:)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm actually looking forward to it, only because its my first home game for a year or so after working abroad.

dont go Roogers you'll only end up disappointed ;)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
dont go Roogers you'll only end up disappointed ;)

You are the THIRD person to say that to me today.

I did consider popping town to see Lewes, just want a bit of MAN on MAN action this afternoon, there is always the rugby on........

:shrug:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Instead of actually being anguished and a miserable moaner at ANYTHING this afternoon, why not actually go to the match to support the team - regardless of any moment in the game that may suit the opposition?

I know, it is a RADICAL suggestion, but hey, I haven't taken my pill yet this morning.

The players always have my 100% support when I go to games.

If you read my post again (slowly, it might help sink in a bit) my 'moaning' was aimed at how I feel about the decisions that have been made by those in power at the club over the last 12 months.

I'm far from a moaner at games, its not productive and its hard enough to get a good atmosphere at Withdean without countless pockets of moaning fans.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I was going to go but now I am not, can't be arsed to sit there and watch Dean White try and pass himself off as a manager.

think thats a little unfair, he's there by default, and he knows that

salazar

Jun 15, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not a chance with that fake in the dugout, still there's always the cricket to look forward to! :thumbsup:

Unlike some i will be going ,as i support the Albion through thick and thin.It's a shame some think by staying away or slag anything and everything to do with the club is helping.Stop moaning and support your team.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Don't listen to the moaners, they make things out to be far worse than they really are. The vast majority there do actually enjoy the football on offer and I think you'd really enjoy it.

Don't let the moaners win, they won't be happy whatever the team did unless we were top of the premiership and winning 10 - 0 (although, i'd bet some would still moan as it should have been 11 - 0 or better!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here