[Albion] “I think he's an Albion fan", Athens/AEK edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t forget it’s Chelsea-Albion Sunday afternoon. I’ll be in a bar somewhere.

We’re flying out the Sunday before the match from LGW and back the Monday following. Staying near the Acropolis. I won’t provide exact details in case I get mobbed by the Paparazzi.

easyJet 14.05 on the Monday?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Out Wednesday 29/11 LX 461 Swiss International LCY to ATH 0915
Return Sunday 3/12 GQ 700 Sky Express ATH to LGW. 1025

Staying at the Evripides Hotel
I was going to stay there, but I’ve moved to an apartment nearby.

I know of at least 4 other people that are staying there.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
07:50 (BA) from LHR on Weds 29th, 13:45 back on Friday.
Green Suites Hotel
Different flights, same hotel, staying the same nights though. Land 23.55 on tje Wednesday. You left the 'boutique' part out from the title,I'm sure it's the height of luxury 😂

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
After spending an absolute fortune on two Euro trips the wife insisted on coming along for this one. Booked a Tui holiday for the week at less than the two previous trips.
Out Sunday 26th at 6:45 am!! Easyjet from Gatwick
Staying at the Browns Acropol 4*
Return Saturday 2nd on the 21:50 to Gatwick
£1100
Having never been to Athens, I intend having a good look around for two days before joining the crowd on Wednesday & Thursday.

At last someone posting the cost !

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
My travel has cost just under £200. Flight £130 and hotel £65 for 2 nights (sharing). Gatwick Wed-Fri.
However for that I’m paying the price a bit. Going out via Milan and back via Bucharest! A 5 hour layover in Bucharest is now not looking so great as I get closer to it!, especially the day after the match and Fat Boy Slim!!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Different flights, same hotel, staying the same nights though. Land 23.55 on tje Wednesday. You left the 'boutique' part out from the title,I'm sure it's the height of luxury 😂
Im guessing same flight?, and same hotel! Saw few days ago and booked as looked the nicest option near the stadium (and dont want to get bus on matchday). Are you on the Stansted FR53? If so guess you'll be getting the hotel transfer?

@dwayne on the flight too?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Im guessing same flight?, and same hotel! Saw few days ago and booked as looked the nicest option near the stadium (and dont want to get bus on matchday). Are you on the Stansted FR53? If so guess you'll be getting the hotel transfer?

@dwayne on the flight too?
Yup, same flight. Me and a mate already have a taxi booked to the hotel and back. Are you sorted?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yup, same flight. Me and a mate already have a taxi booked to the hotel and back. Are you sorted?
booked direct and they said there's hotel transfer? not formalised that yet though, so will contact.

not getting public transport at midnight, thats for sure! Will let you know once they reply.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Flat fare 40 euros from airport to city so not to bad price wise

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Tried posting this on the photography thread but this hotel, despite the views, has v poor wi-fi. Not sure if it worked.
IMG_20231126_223533.jpg

View from our hotel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports