Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "I think he's an Albion fan", Amsterdam/Ajax edition

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I was on that ferry. Liz Costa was informed that the French were going to postpone the game due to 7/7, but she managed to get hold of Martin Perry to let him know there were hundreds of us already crossing the Channel. Martin then contacted Le Havre to tell them we were going to be there, match or no match, so they decided to go ahead with it. The ferry wouldn't have turned around just for us.
The tannoy then announced the game was on.
Is this true? I was also on that ferry and when rumours were passed to me and Liz Costas name was mentioned I put it down to her scaremongering/overreacting. I never took her name in vain though as I had a feeling it’d still go ahead and I was a few beers in and on my way to a French town so I wasn’t that bothered. If I had have slagged her off it appears I would have owed her an apology.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is this true? I was also on that ferry and when rumours were passed to me and Liz Costas name was mentioned I put it down to her scaremongering/overreacting. I never took her name in vain though as I had a feeling it’d still go ahead and I was a few beers in and on my way to a French town so I wasn’t that bothered. If I had have slagged her off it appears I would have owed her an apology.
100% true. I was there and spoke to her.
Why would she scare monger or even have the power to ask Brittany Ferries (or whoever it was) to announce the game was still on?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
100% true. I was there and spoke to her.
Why would she scare monger or even have the power to ask Brittany Ferries (or whoever it was) to announce the game was still on?
It was more text speak, I didn’t doubt you, likewise I’ve no agenda with Liz one way or another, it was just how I remember things at the time clouded by many years and equally as many pints of lager (well not quite!)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this so people can make sure they can avoid everyone else?

HWT's ignore list must mean he travels alone.......... :tumble::tumble::tumble:
I was going to post a witty reply, but I can't think of one. I'll check with my travelling companion, later, to see if he can think of something. :wink:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
9/11 MAN-AMS KL1072 9.05
10/11 AMS-MAN KL1071 8.05
So a 'quick in-and-out' as they say (this refers to time in AMS for the match and not any activity in the RLD!).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
09/11 8:16 Eurostar direct to Amsterdam
10/11 12:11 Amsterdam to Bruxelles then Eurostar to St Pancras

Overnight stay XO Hotel Inner

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not much use to you but we're just going to hang out around Dam Square and do a bit of a crawl.

Surprised that the club didn't liaisie with the local authority to set up some sort of Fanzone with big screen and booze ... not exactly difficult but hey, what do I know?
Very simple reason the club would not encourage fans without tickets to travel.

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Cutting it fine
Leave Gatwick 11.40 Thursday.
Return Sunday lunch. Hotel unknown.
Hopefully my friend has more detailed information on last two points.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Cutting it fine
Leave Gatwick 11.40 Thursday.
Return Sunday lunch. Hotel unknown.
Hopefully my friend has more detailed information on last two points.
Hour flight 20 mins from airport to square plenty of time

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I thought the idea was Bozza was going to update the original post so we could see who was travelling with us today?

I think that was the idea. However, with the exception of a couple of instances, it seems everyone is all on differently timed / dated flights, trains, boats, jet skis etc

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are you taking any books kind sir? and if so what ones, as your choice of books always seem to be interesting. Have a good trip
Oh yes, free reading time

I'll update on the reading thread

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This is what you can expect
Indeed…

Looks good. Thanks for the recommendation.

@BrightonCottager @Herr Tubthumper

E720422F-80B2-463F-AAB0-62BE1E86DA0C.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here