Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I so hope Chelsea crash and burn......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like Frank, I want him to do well. However I fear he is joining Chelsea at a bad time.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"These are not a good side (anymore)"

:moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ironically Gus is better qualified than Frank for the role, certainly as a coach/manager he's achieved considerably more. Trouble is, he's a cannon and he's loose (ahem.)

Better qualified? Well, if you mean ten years of winning nothing as opposed to one year of almost winning something (promotion) I guess you're right. Gus has managed 6 clubs and been sacked by 5 of them. And Pardew is even better qualified than Gus (fewer sackings). If I were a Chelsea supporter I'd welcome fat Frank, but those other clowns would have me reading for my revolver.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This just makes me glad Bloom acted quickly to dismiss Hughton and bring in Pottter. It remains to be seen whether the new appointment works out but at least Potter's had the maximum time to prepare for next season.

I feel for Derby. The players report for pre-season and there's no manager or assistant manager there, or Mason Mount, Harry Wilson or Fikayo Tomori.

Whoever comes in as manager will be playing catch-up. Personally, I think Hughton could take up the reins, bring in some decent players and keep them in the play-off hunt but the board will probably go for a big, shiny name, it will go tits up and it will be like 2018/19 was just a dream.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I feel for Derby. The players report for pre-season and there's no manager or assistant manager there, or Mason Mount, Harry Wilson or Fikayo Tomori.

Whoever comes in as manager will be playing catch-up.

To be fair - Lampard & co would have already done the planning and the players only reported back this week. The first week or so a ball won't be kicked, it will just be fitness work. You don't need Frank Lampard around to get players to run. They also signed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair - Lampard & co would have already done the planning and the players only reported back this week. The first week or so a ball won't be kicked, it will just be fitness work. You don't need Frank Lampard around to get players to run. They also signed

Having no manager in place a month before the season starts is a big disruption. How can you plan your transfer dealings or make any moves in the market when you don't even know who's going to be in charge ? They need this sorting PDQ, or its bound to have a negative effect on them going into the new season.

Bloom played a blinder getting the new man in a week or two after the season ended. That gives GP ample time to assess the players, get his ideas across to them, and have some input over what he thinks the squad needs. Its given him the best possible chance of hitting the ground running in August, which is the exact opposite of whats going on at Derby (through no fault of their own of course).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's gone through 13 managers in 16 years (he took over them in 2003)

Ranieri
Mourinho (x2)
Grant
Scolari
Hiddink (x2)
Ancelotti
Villas Boas
Di Matteo
Benitez
Conte
Sarri

So basically yes, each one gets on average a little over a year. But they've still had a hell of a lot of success despite all that. It seems stability is overrated.
Begs the question " Why go and manage Chelsea ?" Is it an ego thing that they think they might just rewrite history and stay 3 full seasons ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
He's really gonna earn his corn if WZ ups and goes.

No need to sell him now that they've unexpectedly, and God knows why, managed to punt Wan Bissaka whilst hitting the jackpot ! They will just bang another £30/40 grand a week on a new contract to keep him motivated!

We will still need to deal with him in the upcoming season !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
A failed season for a club that size means 4th-6th in the table. Not impossible, but hardly built to undo them as a money-clad giant. They'll have to go about things differently without Hazard, but have a pre-season to go about it, and will likely remain difficult to beat. Pulisic might be quite good too.

Are we beginning to see how FFP is going to affect even the big boys ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having no manager in place a month before the season starts is a big disruption. How can you plan your transfer dealings or make any moves in the market when you don't even know who's going to be in charge ? They need this sorting PDQ, or its bound to have a negative effect on them going into the new season.

Bloom played a blinder getting the new man in a week or two after the season ended. That gives GP ample time to assess the players, get his ideas across to them, and have some input over what he thinks the squad needs. Its given him the best possible chance of hitting the ground running in August, which is the exact opposite of whats going on at Derby (through no fault of their own of course).

Bloom couldn’t have timed it better. A complete close and pre season for the new management.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bloom couldn’t have timed it better. A complete close and pre season for the new management.

This.

AND minimal shrapnel injury to the legacy and future prospects of CH.

Class. Pure class.

el punal

It seems odd that he's being given the job with such limited experience, but I don't mind if he succeeds. Be quite nice if there's a successful English manager. I doubt he will though.

I just wonder if this is going to be Chelsea’s answer to the “Solskjaer experiment”. Get in a former player and all round club legend and roll the dice. An appointment that will have the exact opposite reaction to when Benitez was hired. This could all turn to shit very quickly if Chelsea’s prima donnas get their way.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I just wonder if this is going to be Chelsea’s answer to the “Solskjaer experiment”. Get in a former player and all round club legend and roll the dice. An appointment that will have the exact opposite reaction to when Benitez was hired. This could all turn to shit very quickly if Chelsea’s prima donnas get their way.

With Abamovitch at the helm I’m sure the Lampard experiment will be given at least 6 months to flower.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
They will still be difficult to beat/impossible to beat in our case, but offensively they are really going to miss Hazard.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They will still be difficult to beat/impossible to beat in our case, but offensively they are really going to miss Hazard.

Seeing as how Hazard beat us single handedly I’m personally delighted that he’s gone.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
With Abamovitch at the helm I’m sure the Lampard experiment will be given at least 6 months to flower.

This is the first test of his managerial career does he gain more knowledge at a club that has stuck by him, or does he go to a club that is far too big for him at this time with no transfer options minus their star player.

I like Frank and felt he did the right thing approaching management when he visited lots of clubs to get ideas including Brighton. This just smacks of career suicide for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here