Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] I smashed up my strimmer, and I don't want my wife to know

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, so with a sunny window this afternoon I decided to give the lawn its first cut of the year. I always begin by strimming the borders first (I have wooden edging), before getting the mower out to finish the job.

Anyway, my Bosch strimmer was being a little BITCH. Every time I started, I'd get 3 paces before the sodding wire would kaputt. So I'd trudge back to the patio, undo the thing, pull through a bit more strimming wire, re-assemble, and crack on. Except within 5 seconds, the f*cking wire had gone again. So the quite fiddly dissasemble - reassemble poke-the-wire-through process would be repeated again and again. And this happened around 6 times. I've done this before, but never to this extent.

On the 7th go when it went again, in a childish fit of rage, I hoisted my strimmer aloft my head, and violently SMASHED it down onto the lawn, whereupon it broke in two. And the shield bit at the bottom is f*cked. I've hid it behind the shed for now (but I did at least go on to complete the mowing).

So now it looks like I'll have to blow the thick end of 80 sheets for another strimmer. But I need to do all this whilst (a) disposing of the old broken one somewhere, and (b) get the new one without her knowing.

I'm not expecting suggestions tbh, just venting really. But its going to keep me awake now, I know it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A broken garden tool shouldn’t be a reason for your wife to get upset or angry about even if you are cutting back on non essential purchases.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Easy - it seems you are as afraid to shell out on a new one as you are your to your wife's reaction. Am I right?
So, something doesn't add up here. I'd like to get to the ROOT of the problem and CUTTING CORNERS
here is not an option.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Congratulations on entering and, ahem, 'winning' this competition, mate, I'm sure your wife will be happy for you too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have some gardening vouchers
Easy - it seems you are as afraid to shell out on a new one as you are your to your wife's reaction. Am I right?
So, something doesn't add up here. I'd like to get to the ROOT of the problem and CUTTING CORNERS
here is not an option.
She would get the chopper out and not in a good way🤣

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
You don’t need to justify to your wife, a strimmer is a man’s tool, it’s of no concern to a wife if a man wants to upgrade his strimmer, in fact a shed and anything in it requires no permission from a wife !
So pop down to the garden centre, and purchase a new updated strimmer like a boss !
If all else fails tell her the rats chewed the last one, that should ensure she never enters your shed again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here