Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I see the Aussies are getting it right......again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There are some ridiculous responses on here to what seems a very sensible decision by the Australian government.

Are these ridiculous responses too?

The Australian Medical Association, the Public Health Association, the Healthcare and Hospitals Association and non-government organisation Medecins sans Frontieres have all called for the Australian government to substantially increase its contribution.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This doesn't surprise me at all. Australian is probably the finest example of an "I'm alright jack" country on the planet.

For Nigel Farage it would be pure Utopia

Don't judge everyone by our government

[video]http://www.msn.com/en-au/video/watch/karl-loses-it-during-interview-with-surfing-rescuers/vi-8f9893d9-d38c-49c1-ba16-e9ac07f94d71[/video]

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What, this global warming which hasn't happened for the last 18 years. No-one denies climate change (it's a fact of our planet; it's always going through climate change). However, a lot of people disagree with the assertion of Global Man Made Warming due to the change of CO2 from approx 0.028% to 0.040%. CO2 is a trace gas, and it's concentration in the atmosphere has changed from roughly 3 parts per 10,000 to 4 parts per 10,000.

In context; Nitrogen is 78.08%, Oxygen is 20.94% : CO2 is 0.04%.

Really? I wonder what percentage of the truly informed and authoritative experts disagree? I would image that it is in the very low single figures so I wonder how you arrive at "a lot of people"? Perhaps it goes through stages a little like this:-

1. Reality is that there is never a consensus on any new scientific revelation no matter how compelling the evidence (or on any subject on the planet come to that!)
2. Dissent is readily fuelled by the media, merrily wheeling out various "experts" or gainsayers (in the interest of balance of course but in reality just anxious for a headline)
3. This in turn attract another tiny percentage of crackpots and conspiracy theorists
4. Further vox pop interviews and classic urban myth processes plays their roles too
5. The distortion is further promulgated through the ready availability of impressively appearing Googled scientific data which always adds apparent credence when it's wheeled out uncomprehended in chatroom arguments. This helps to gain a few more advocates/accolytes (and has the exciting added benefit of smoothing the promulgators ego with an easy win)

How does the cap fit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here