Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I really begrudge...

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
No idea why, but mention Shredded Wheat and this appears in my head.

View attachment 55963

How dare you insult the name of shredded wheat?

1/. One biscuit has more charisma than A.S

2/. Each biscuit has more style than that Burke

3/. Have you ever heard of a shredded wheat trying to hold the country to Ransom?

4/. I'm sure shredded wheat isn't communist

5/. I suppose the nearest the two items have in common is the saying "we are all in it together". , but the truth is shredded wheat are in the packet together, whereas A.S was never ' in it' for anyone other than his own ego!

6/. A.S's image could have been dramatically improved by wearing a shredded wheat on his head, rather then his stylish comb over.

7/. Quite a lot of people actually like shredded wheat, whereas not many people,like ......

8/ it's difficult to get two shredded wheat in you gob in one go, but A.S could surely have managed it.

( the above is meant to be lighthearted, before we all get into a political blindest)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They've been after salt and now they are going to go after sugar and rightly so. A ridiculous amount in food. People are so worried about fat content, they'll buy something loaded with sugar. Cutting down on sugar is the key to losing weight and fat is not so addictive.

Take diabetic jam for example, little or zero sugar, but loaded with fat. If people bothered to read the sugar and salt content clock on most breakfast cereals they'd possibly think twice about buying them, the sugar content of things like Crunchy Nut Cornflakes doesn't bear thinking about, but at least the manufacturers have to be honest about it now.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's wrong with toast?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
How dare you insult the name of shredded wheat?

1/. One biscuit has more charisma than A.S

2/. Each biscuit has more style than that Burke

3/. Have you ever heard of a shredded wheat trying to hold the country to Ransom?

4/. I'm sure shredded wheat isn't communist

5/. I suppose the nearest the two items have in common is the saying "we are all in it together". , but the truth is shredded wheat are in the packet together, whereas A.S was never ' in it' for anyone other than his own ego!

6/. A.S's image could have been dramatically improved by wearing a shredded wheat on his head, rather then his stylish comb over.

7/. Quite a lot of people actually like shredded wheat, whereas not many people,like ......

8/ it's difficult to get two shredded wheat in you gob in one go, but A.S could surely have managed it.

( the above is meant to be lighthearted, before we all get into a political blindest)

9/ I can eat three Shredded Wheat (unlike a black hole). I could probably manage 1.5 Scargills, tops. Two maybe, if I left the bone and gristle.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Why does the OP feel the need for branded cereal? There are many cheaper puffed rice breakfast options.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Take diabetic jam for example, little or zero sugar, but loaded with fat. If people bothered to read the sugar and salt content clock on most breakfast cereals they'd possibly think twice about buying them, the sugar content of things like Crunchy Nut Cornflakes doesn't bear thinking about, but at least the manufacturers have to be honest about it now.

Unlike pack sizes which they keep reducing whilst the rsp stays the same. It is all done under the banner of..." we don't want to put the price up so we have made a change which we feel offers the consumer value for money ".....what a load of codswallop....they really must think we are stupid ( perhaps we are! ) to keep falling for it every time. Instead of raising the price by 10-15% they realise they can make more money by reducing the pack sizes by 20-25%
It is across every sector in the food industry. Products are getting smaller whilst prices stay the same. People are flocking into discount stores like Aldi and Lidl as they perceive them to be cheap. What they don't realise is that their pack sizes are quite often smaller on like-for-like products in the major multiples.
We have become a lemming-like society, locked into one-stop shopping, buying purely on price and impulse rather than on a more selective basis. Independent stores are stereotyped as expensive on hearsay not on personal experience and selectivity. Too few play the comparison game and search for real value for money. Its into the multiple, spend your £180, get out the credit card, bang, job done for another week, forget about it and get on with other things.
...and thats what the manufacturers and multiples rely on....complacency.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
... being told a regular sized box of Rice Krispies is a bargain at £2.

2 flipping quid for Rice Krispies and I'm supposed to flaming well be impressed.

Money grabbing shysters.

Apologies for the driveltastic nature of this thread, but it's an itch that won't go away.

Get a cheaper own-brand alternative then. They are ONLY rice kris pies? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here