Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I rarely leave football matches early but...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
...With 10 minutes to go and yet another dodgy free kick given away i just lost it and went.

I LIKE TO WATCH FOOTBALL, NOT SOME **** WHO WANTS TO BLOW HIS WHISTLE EVERY f***ing 2 SECONDS.

Refs like that will drive fans away from the beautiful game.

:angry:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
saafend_seagull said:
Did the ball cross the line? hardings sending off fair?
I'm not even on about those 2 decisions... Every 2 seconds he was blowing up for a petty free kick to them, it was a disgrace, surely he was paid?... In pasties probably.

He was a fussy ref, but correctly awarded the 50/50 calls to the stronger team, which wasn't us! Other than that, he was OK. The OG looked half unlucky/half lack of anticipation by our defence. Poor Harding was played into trouble and I would not fault him, come back soon Dan!

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
Poor Harding was played into trouble and I would not fault him, come back soon Dan!
Speaking of which, is it straight suspensions this year? i.e. the player sent off misses the very next game or 2 or however long he is suspended for?...

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Trigger said:
Speaking of which, is it straight suspensions this year? i.e. the player sent off misses the very next game or 2 or however long he is suspended for?...

i think he does as there was a new rule introduced. this may be if it was a double yellow card, not sure about straight reds.

Nov 3, 2003
the ref was ok whatw asnt was the way Brighton just sat back so much and let Argyle control the game im sure Magoo will have his excuses lined up like new players time to gel, more like he hasntgot a clue, one up front home game beginning of season, you :dunce: Magoo

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
saafend_seagull said:

yes it did

it was a clear dive by the player, but all refs will give that as a penalty and book the player.

IMHO harding should have been sent off for the first takle he did

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
saafend_seagull said:

From where I was sitting in C block, it DID cross the line.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My friends in A block said that the ball had crossed the line.

The dive, however, was laughably bad. What did the ref see that didn't actually happen? What was he watching. His blow for a no-challenge by Jakey, and funniest of all was booking Currie for 'persistent fouling' when the lazy shite hadn't put in a tackle all match. What a c unt.

It is pure supidity on the ref's part to award it. And cowardice on the linesman's part not to give a free kick the other way. Harding's first booking was over-zealous and not at all malicious - it's just that the Plymouth bench (and the bent ref) went way OTT in complaining, cos lo and behold - the bloke was fine.

I have no idea what the appeal process is, but as I understand it, the way it has been tightened up means that refs are even less accountable than what they were before.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Buzza said:
From where I was sitting in C block, it DID cross the line.

I'm in D block and I thought it did as well. I was quite surprised at the fans reaction to the goal being given.

Kev

Aug 4, 2003
It was over the line. It wasn't a pen. End of argument.

The players were atrocious, McGhee was atrocious, the ref was atrocious.

One of the worst games I've ever seen, from a Brighton point of view.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought the ball went over the line.

I thought it was a penalty.

That doesn't mean I wasn't as gutted as everyone else.

Even I made rash assessments in the heat of the moment. Having had time to digest the game though I don't blame McGhee who I imagine is upset with both players and fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here