[Albion] I predict this season is going to end horribly

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My biggest concern is that we looked tired on Sunday, even before ET, which I think contributed to us not being quite as sharp and precise with our passing as usual. We may need some of the youngsters like Buonanotte and Ayari to step up.
We looked tired in the last 15 minutes at Chelsea

The 6 points the PL have stolen from us this season will hurt us the most

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Withh all the talk of Europian football in £s what does qualifying for Europa league and the other one mean

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Withh all the talk of Europian football in £s what does qualifying for Europa league and the other one mean
We'd enter the Europa League at the group stage so that is a guaranteed £3.3 million. We'd get £572,000 for each group stage win and £191,000 for a group stage draw. Winning the group gets you another £994,000 while finishing second gets £500,000. As you progress through the knockout stages the prize money goes up. With the eventual winner getting £7.8 million for lifting the trophy.

Europa League Prize Money breakdown is below -

• Winner - £7.8m
  • Runner-up - £4.2m
  • Semi-finalist - £2.5m
  • Quarter-finalist - £1.6m
  • Round of 16 - £1.1m
  • Knockout round play-offs - £446,000
  • Group winner - £994,000
  • Group runner-up - £500,000
  • Group stage win - £572,000
  • Group stage draw - £191,000
  • Group stage qualification - £3.3m
So a perfect season would mean just shy of £16 million in prize money. Although as the winner of the Europa League gets a Champions League spot the next season, winning it is actually worth around £45 million pound when you count in the minimum amount you'd earn for playing in the CL.

The Conference League pays a fair bit less. We'd enter at the Play-off round so would be guaranteed £660,000 if we got knocked out then. A perfect season would get us around £8.3 million in prize money.

Conference League Prize breakdown

• Play-off round elimination: £660,000
  • Qualified to Group Stage: £2,640,000
  • Match won in Group Stage: £440,000
  • Match drawn in Group Stage: £146,000
  • 1st in Group Stage: £575,000
  • 2nd in Group Stage: £287,000
  • Knockout round play-offs: £265,000
  • Round of 16: £530,000
  • Quarter-final: £884,000
  • Semi-final: £1,770,000
  • Runner-up: £2,650,000
  • Champion: £4,420,000

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It shouldn't but if it does then oh well, it's still our greatest season ever.

We are almost guaranteed a top 8 finish (FiveThirtyEight say a less than 1% chance of 9th or below), in a season with a Cup semi final, in which we got to watch arguably the most exciting talent to play in the stripes (Caicedo) alongside a World Cup winner. We play utterly thrilling football under De Zerbi, have been superb both home and away and have had a bunch of new players who have seemingly been grown in a lab focussed on creating fan favourites (Ferguson, Mitoma, Enciso, Estupinan).

You'd have to be a serious miser to not see the bigger picture here.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If our results do tail off, it might mean that we can give more game time to the youngsters which could help us in the longer term.

Every cloud.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Opta's latest forecast for finishing places doesn't agree with the flouncing OP, thankfully. Almost a 90% chance of a top 7 finish as we stand.

This doesn't factor injuries into the model however.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I suggest that losing that semi,was our best chance of Europe next season.No cup final hype to deal with…..concentrate on the league!!……I also disagree with the opinion that our squad is light on numbers,a tight knit group has to be more effective than some of the bloated squads in the league ….we have some real quality returning.
Agreed. FA Cup semi final and top 6. Now that really would be an exceptional season.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Insanely congested fixtures. The squad is way too thin to cope.

I think we should expect to be really disappointed with the end of this amazing season.

Not anyones fault - every one involved with this season should be incredibly proud, whatever happens. But it's so typical as an Albion fan for luck to be against us at such crucial times.
That's not just glass half empty. It's there's not even a glass.
We looked tired in the last 15 minutes at Chelsea

The 6 points the PL have stolen from us this season will hurt us the most
Make that seven with the blatant penalty we were denied against Villa.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought you’d f***ed off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Insanely congested fixtures. The squad is way too thin to cope.

I think we should expect to be really disappointed with the end of this amazing season.

Not anyones fault - every one involved with this season should be incredibly proud, whatever happens. But it's so typical as an Albion fan for luck to be against us at such crucial times.
Couldn’t agree more.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
f*** off.

Only wanted this bounced if I was proven wrong.

Players are clearly absolutely knackered. Sadly this will not be the last poor performance and result.

Mods - close thread please?

I thought you’d f***ed off? Can’t rely on anything these days.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
What are you even on about with this duplicate post? Shite post from an absolute moron, most likely.

You were disliked before, then you left and no-one cared. Now you’re back, and writing stuff to ensure no-one likes you again. And I’m the moron?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports