Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I predict this season is going to end horribly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why should I be expected to be disappointed?
If we do reach Europe, or not, this football club has performed amazingly throughout the season and we should recognise how lucky we are that we can experience such high-quality action from an outstanding team.
Plus, we still have a genuine chance of getting a European spot - Forest (A), Wolves (H), Man Utd (H), Everton (H), the list goes on... - we know what we have to do, and I believe that we are capable of reaching our target, just got to keep supporting the boys during this final stretch.
Expect better from a moderator trying to provoke like this, especially with something that never happened (I never started such a thread).

If you would like to open the topic up in a separate thread, then I'll happy contribute - especially considering how time has proven me right about the claims I made at the time.

I just want fellow Albion fans to not feel too rough if our season goes tits up - which it probably will. The fixture congestion is just mental - and as demonstrated by our subs bench in the semi, it's just not likely the squad has the depth to cope... if we manage to hit form through this, we have done something absolutely phenomenal.
You can’t manipulate fans feelings by posting on the internet. Some will be disappointed, no matter what we do, and others will look at the record number of points we’ve already one.
Don’t be a drama Queen.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I 100% back this coach and these players. All our fans should too if we want to move on from being ‘little old Brighton”.

Haven't noticed a single person not backing this coach and these players....

My whole point is that it will NOT be their fault if we fail to find form during what is, frankly, an unfair and virtually impossibly relentless run of fixtures.

I just hope our fans stay behind them all 110% when we inevitably fail to deliver due to fixture exhaustion.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
To be honest, I flip flop.

We have games in hand, can still make top four.
Still to play Newcastle, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, an in-form Villa
But we beat Man U away, outplayed Newcaslte and were unlucky not to beat them, we have a good record v Arsenal and apart from the opening 20mins did well against them
The weaker teams we're facing are scrapping for survival, we're tiring with an ever thinning squad

Etc. It's an exciting ride.
Same here.

When Welbeck went off yesterday, me and the chap I was sat next to almost simultaneously said - 'what's going to happen to the rest of the season now'? I do worry that we are too thinly spread. But then I see the heart, and balls (obviously) our players are showing. But then I see how knackered they looked towards the end of normal time yesterday- however, thy then picked it up again. I don't know.....

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I just hope our fans stay behind them all 110% when we inevitably fail to deliver due to fixture exhaustion.
But it's not inevitable ffs. We simply don't know yet. We don't need to win every game to qualify. Teams above will lose a few too, and villa play Liverpool. I get what you're saying but at least go glass half empty rather than glass completely empty - have a little faith man! The lads will know what is needed to get over the line. RDZ will have them fired up and determined to make it - I couldn't think of a better manager to have to take us through this run of fixtures with his character and passion. That'll carry the lads somewhat - especially after the heartache of yesterday. Whether it'll be enough who knows but it's certainly not inevitable that we'll fall away, not by any means.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This thread - and others like it - wouldn't exist if we won the penalty shootout yesterday. No-one was talking about fixture congestion or worried about anything like that last week. But because of one mis-kick - it missed penalty save - we're now destined for missing out on a European place and an amazing season is going to end 'horribly'?

Get a grip, FFS!

If anything, yesterday is more likely to spur the team on, instead of possibly thinking about an FA Cup final.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We're currently watching the best Albion side in history and we're going to qualify for Europe.

We're going to finish ahead of at least one of Villa, Liverpool or Spurs. And no team behind us is coming past.

No ifs. No buts. And definitely no need for gloomy defeatism now.

It's going to happen.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Massive fixture congestion, they will probably be on a huge downer from yesterday, quite a few injuries as well.
It's not going to end horribly! They're going to demonstrate that they have ginormous balls rather than just big ones & work their balls off until the last game of the season.
We're not going to suddenly drop into the relegation zone, unless there's some random retrospective var punishment that can be handed out to chalk off every win for a pubic hair being offside (wouldn't surprise me to be fair :lolol:).
This season isn't going to go wrong, no matter what happens from now. It's been an amazing season especially bearing in mind a 'couple' of key members of the club pissed off & we lost a couple of 'key' players as well. Nothing is going to take away how amazing this season has been (from my point of view), when I thought we were doomed when everyone pissed off! It's been a rollercoaster, but it's been enjoyable. :)

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Haven't noticed a single person not backing this coach and these players....

My whole point is that it will NOT be their fault if we fail to find form during what is, frankly, an unfair and virtually impossibly relentless run of fixtures.

Fair enough, but you might be underestimating the impact Ayari, Buonanotte and maybe a few others will have in the remaining games.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree with the op to the extent that the injury situation, squad depth and fixture list creates huge challenges.

I just think this manager and group of players have done enough to earn our belief.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Insanely congested fixtures. The squad is way too thin to cope.

I think we should expect to be really disappointed with the end of this amazing season.

Not anyones fault - every one involved with this season should be incredibly proud, whatever happens. But it's so typical as an Albion fan for luck to be against us at such crucial times.

Do you remember the season we won League One, we played 8 games in 4 weeks in March and won them all?

Yes, playing a lot of games in a short span can be a hindrance. But if you get some momentum, it can be a positive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you remember the season we won League One, we played 8 games in 4 weeks in March and won them all?

Yes, playing a lot of games in a short span can be a hindrance. But if you get some momentum, it can be a positive.
100% and it can really bring momentum. At this time of a season training is only to maintain a sharpness the hard work has been. If you ask players they prefer to play than train.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve just realised that I approached yesterday all wrong…..I should have been going with the mindset we needed to lose and there was me cheering them on….how foolish do I feel…after all winning would have just added to all this fixture congestion…..won’t make that mistake again 👀

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Players like playing games and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the end of season. They will want to make up for yesterday and qualify for Europe, RDZ will push them on.
Who knows what will happen but a collapse is far from inevitable. Just enjoy the ride and see what happens

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Insanely congested fixtures. The squad is way too thin to cope.

I think we should expect to be really disappointed with the end of this amazing season.

Not anyones fault - every one involved with this season should be incredibly proud, whatever happens. But it's so typical as an Albion fan for luck to be against us at such crucial times.
Nail on head

We are doomed. End of the season cannot come quick enough! All we need now is b. W. 2 to turn up to tell us that a return to the stone-age is imminent because we have never replaced Murray and should have taken a punt on Ivan Toney or signed a £40 million striker.

Remember Gillingham and Withdean folks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nail on head

We are doomed. End of the season cannot come quick enough! All we need now is b. W. 2 to turn up to tell us that a return to the stone-age is imminent because we have never replaced Murray and should have taken a punt on Ivan Toney or signed a £40 million striker.

Remember Gillingham and Withdean folks.
That's it I've chucked my Forest tickets in the bin, deleted my ST off the phone, torched my car (BHA plate) and now support Man City. Bluuuue Mooooooooon

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
This thread - and others like it - wouldn't exist if we won the penalty shootout yesterday. No-one was talking about fixture congestion or worried about anything like that last week. But because of one mis-kick - it missed penalty save - we're now destined for missing out on a European place and an amazing season is going to end 'horribly'?

Get a grip, FFS!

If anything, yesterday is more likely to spur the team on, instead of possibly thinking about an FA Cup final.
It’s really sad in a way that people can even feel that way inclined Stop with those negative waves Moriarty
The football we are playing most of the time is simply breathtaking and deserves the plaudits it’s earning
ffs enjoy the ride people THIS is the GOOD part
hopefully it gets even better
Don’t forget to smell the roses along the way

Not directed at you Bobkin btw
just a general rant at this thread 😉

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
You can’t manipulate fans feelings by posting on the internet.
I understand your point, but that wasn't my intention, even though it does seem like it.
Some will be disappointed, no matter what we do,
Sad to see this, even if we get Europa League, I guess not everyone will be satisfied.
and others will look at the record number of points we’ve already one.
Don’t be a drama Queen.
Again, it may seem like I was, but all I was trying to say is that this team has done really well so far and I'm very optimistic about the next few games - even with factors such as injuries, congested fixtures, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here