[Albion] I predict this season is going to end horribly

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Insanely congested fixtures. The squad is way too thin to cope.

I think we should expect to be really disappointed with the end of this amazing season.

Not anyones fault - every one involved with this season should be incredibly proud, whatever happens. But it's so typical as an Albion fan for luck to be against us at such crucial times.
Wum

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm usually an optimist, but I've analysed our remaining fixture list today and it's depressingly cruel. Even City would struggle with such relentless fixtures.
I remember when most people were wetting the bed about March in our last season in League 1........8 wins later

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not to mention the wrong line drawn!!
That too - but it didn't (for me) have the impact of preventing us overtaking Spurs. That was like 'the estblishment' was just making sure Brighton didn't join (like those previous cases of stopping us getting above our station and getting into the top division did)!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Expect better from a moderator trying to provoke like this, especially with something that never happened (I never started such a thread).

If you would like to open the topic up in a separate thread, then I'll happy contribute - especially considering how time has proven me right about the claims I made at the time.

I just want fellow Albion fans to not feel too rough if our season goes tits up - which it probably will. The fixture congestion is just mental - and as demonstrated by our subs bench in the semi, it's just not likely the squad has the depth to cope... if we manage to hit form through this, we have done something absolutely phenomenal.
You asked for your old account to be deleted, claimed to be making the site money and then came back unashamedly as if nothing had happened.

Now you’re posting this negative bollocks. RDZ won’t agree with you, neither will Tony Bloom.

Europe is in our hands and I believe in the boys that we’ll do it. Where are your big balls?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

I think we should expect to be really disappointed with the end of this amazing season.

Not anyones fault - every one involved with this season should be incredibly proud, whatever happens. But it's so typical as an Albion fan for luck to be against us at such crucial times.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope the monorail gets built all the way to Dignitas on this evidence

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The OP is getting pelters but I think he's right that we should expect some level of drop off, even if as fans we don't want to acknowledge it.

Our issue is that we've got some of the clubs with deeper squads still to play. It makes picking up points against the likes of Forest and Wolves even more important..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The OP is getting pelters but I think he's right that we should expect some level of drop off, even if as fans we don't want to acknowledge it.

Our issue is that we've got some of the clubs with deeper squads still to play. It makes picking up points against the likes of Forest and Wolves even more important..
Surely in three weeks time we might have Ferguson, Lallana and Welbeck back? Or at least one or two of them.

What’s happened to Lamptey?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Last season we managed to get 18 points from our last 9 games, after having lost the previous 6. I don't share the OP's pessimism.

We have 9 games in 32 days.... There probably has NEVER been fixture congestion like this in the Premier League, and that's before even taking into account the team has just played an exhausting 120m FA Cup semi final... and we're the only team that needs to suffer it.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Why should I be expected to be disappointed?
If we do reach Europe, or not, this football club has performed amazingly throughout the season and we should recognise how lucky we are that we can experience such high-quality action from an outstanding team.
Plus, we still have a genuine chance of getting a European spot - Forest (A), Wolves (H), Man Utd (H), Everton (H), the list goes on... - we know what we have to do, and I believe that we are capable of reaching our target, just got to keep supporting the boys during this final stretch.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Surely in three weeks time we might have Ferguson, Lallana and Welbeck back? Or at least one or two of them.

What’s happened to Lamptey?
I take your point about big balls, but think Mustafa and Simster might be onto something. This is not a prediction, but the next two games on paper are key as on paper they're easier for us. The problem is we played 120 minutes and then the emotional sap of penalties, only making two substitutions. Within c140 hours (less than six days), we'll be kicking off our second game. You mention three weeks, we'd have played five of our nine by then. If Welbeck and Ferguson are out for the next two games, doubts will have further justification. We've got to play five of the top six still too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
We have 9 games in 32 days.... There probably has NEVER been fixture congestion like this in the Premier League, and that's before even taking into account the team has just played an exhausting 120m FA Cup semi final... and we're the only team that needs to suffer it.
We played 8 games in March 2011, many in an atmosphere free athletics stadium, having played FA Cup rounds 1-5 with a tiny squad. And won all eight.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Oh yeah. Lost a big game have we.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be honest, I flip flop.

We have games in hand, can still make top four.
Still to play Newcastle, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, an in-form Villa
But we beat Man U away, outplayed Newcaslte and were unlucky not to beat them, we have a good record v Arsenal and apart from the opening 20mins did well against them
The weaker teams we're facing are scrapping for survival, we're tiring with an ever thinning squad

Etc. It's an exciting ride.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I take your point about big balls, but think Mustafa and Simster might be onto something. This is not a prediction, but the next two games on paper are key as on paper they're easier for us. The problem is we played 120 minutes and then the emotional sap of penalties, only making two substitutions. Within c140 hours (less than six days), we'll be kicking off our second game. You mention three weeks, we'd have played five of our nine by then. If Welbeck and Ferguson are out for the next two games, doubts will have further justification. We've got to play five of the top six still too.
I 100% back this coach and these players. All our fans should too if we want to move on from being ‘little old Brighton”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports