Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I predict this season is going to end horribly

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I suspect it depends on injuries. If Ferguson and Welbeck are out for a few weeks that may really hurt us. Yes, we can still score goals but their contribution is linking up play to create chances for others to score. MacAlister could do the false 9
it certainly isn’t doom and gloom and we have the opportunity to shape our own destiny.

The flip side is we have Lallana, Lamptey, possible Sarmiento and Moder to come back. Welbeck might not be too bad.

See how we react over the next few games. Forest away isn’t a walk in the park by any means and an unfavourable result there doesn’t necessarily mean all is lost. But a win would be so welcome.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I suspect it depends on injuries. If Ferguson and Welbeck are out for a few weeks that may really hurt us. Yes, we can still score goals but their contribution is linking up play to create chances for others to score. MacAlister could do the false 9
it certainly isn’t doom and gloom and we have the opportunity to shape our own destiny.

The flip side is we have Lallana, Lamptey, possible Sarmiento and Moder to come back. Welbeck might not be too bad.

See how we react over the next few games. Forest away isn’t a walk in the park by any means and an unfavourable result there doesn’t necessarily mean all is lost. But a win would be so welcome.
Sarmiento walked into the pitch on crutches at the end of the game yesterday so wouldn’t expect him back imminently

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Feeling very unsure about Wednesday. Not expecting many changes. Anybody know if Ferguson trained today?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, in both of the cases you reference things turned out much better the following season. Maybe we miss out this season, but come back much stronger next…
Fair point - mind you, we weren't facing the equivalent of possibly losing Moises and Mac before the next season started!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Insanely congested fixtures. The squad is way too thin to cope.

I think we should expect to be really disappointed with the end of this amazing season.

Not anyones fault - every one involved with this season should be incredibly proud, whatever happens. But it's so typical as an Albion fan for luck to be against us at such crucial times.
As clickbait that’s not bad but it’s not quite up there with “I’m immune to Covid”.

I guess we’ll have to start deducting the cost of your misses from the profits of your hits.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Remarkable odds for a home team, against a non-mega spender.

IMG_3846.png

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Ref's and VAR's disgusting failures at Spurs still feels like a season defining kick in the teeth. Hope I'm wrong, but that could live in the Albion consciousness for as long as the girls' U9 small size shin pads that lead to Stephens' red card and the draw at Southamton when the ball hardly ever left the centre circle.
Not to mention the wrong line drawn!!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Arsenal and Man City will be looking at their fixtures against us a season defining.
I like it when we're underdogs.

#TrustTheTracker

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Even on crutches I’d rather have him up top than Undav
I wouldn’t. Having a player on crutches starting a football match for able-bodied professionals would be extremely dangerous and he would be immediately dismissed for using unauthorised equipment. Additionally, the club would be fined or even docked points for such an outrageously irresponsible act, and the player would likely receive sanctions too.

Oh. You were saying you don’t rate Undav. I get it now.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
As clickbait that’s not bad but it’s not quite up there with “I’m immune to Covid”.

I guess we’ll have to start deducting the cost of your misses from the profits of your hits.

Expect better from a moderator trying to provoke like this, especially with something that never happened (I never started such a thread).

If you would like to open the topic up in a separate thread, then I'll happy contribute - especially considering how time has proven me right about the claims I made at the time.

I just want fellow Albion fans to not feel too rough if our season goes tits up - which it probably will. The fixture congestion is just mental - and as demonstrated by our subs bench in the semi, it's just not likely the squad has the depth to cope... if we manage to hit form through this, we have done something absolutely phenomenal.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Statistically we’re likely to fall away, look at Brentford and Fulham. Come May the PL is almost always a money league.

Should that happen my chin won’t hit the floor. Instead immense pride in the wonderful football, results home and away.

In the mean time, take each game as it comes.
Every season since we've been in the PL there has been at least 1 if not 2 teams that have bucked the trend and finished in the top 7 despite not being a big club (and yes I recognise that the parameters have changed with Newcastle now making it a big 7).

17-18 Burnley (7th)
18-19 Wolves (7th)
19-20 Leicester (5th), Wolves (7th)*
20-21 Leicester (5th), West Ham (6th)
21-22 West Ham (7th)

*Wolves didn't qualify for Europe as Arsenal won the FA Cup and finished 8th.

I don't see any reason we can't emulate any of those sides listed above. Of our competition for 5th - 7th Spurs are an absolute mess and Liverpool can either be brilliant or awful. Villa have been in amazing form but have to play us, Liverpool and Spurs in the run in and that means dropped points somewhere, if not for Villa then for the teams we are battling (wouldn't it be great to be able to play out a boring 0-0 draw on the final day knowing it sends both us and Vila to Europe and Spurs miss out)

RDZ will have the players more than up for the run in. We matched Utd over 120 mins in the semi and there are way more positives going into the end of season run than negatives. In the words of a former Brighton manager "Keep The Faith".

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Feeling very unsure about Wednesday. Not expecting many changes. Anybody know if Ferguson trained today?
Don't think any of the first team will have trained today.

We need to recover players. It'll be a massive boost to have Lallana back for a few games, Lamptey and Ferguson available. Hopefully this is the worst it gets, Wednesday we'll be light but there's a good chance we'll have more available on the weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here