Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I owe npower £ 152 000. Apparently.

yoda559

Feb 10, 2012
Newmarket
I have had a dispute for npower for about a year. They keep sending me estimated readings with ridiculous amounts owing and ignore the actual readings. This culminated on Xmas Eve, yes Xmas Eve when I got a letter demanding over £ 2000 or they were threatening to cut me off.

I had, I thought resolved the matter when they accepted the correct readings and apologised and even bunged me £ 50 back off my bill.

NO, today I have got a letter demanding £ 9535 for Gas and £ 142480 for electricity ! As I live without central heating and use a minimal amount of electricity you have to laugh. I am not running a nuclear power station here ![/B]

but if you were running a nuclear power station, you would be sending them the bill for feedback into the grid!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I may just go the whole hog and live without gas and electricity now and read a book by candlelight in the evening, eat cold food and stock up on candles.

Can I recommend this non cookbook

51xG2AvzIjL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will let you know what happens and thanks for the advice as to my next step.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
If we can get a lost iPad into the nationals surely we can get US into the nationals with this. C'mon NSC, start getting those fingers dialling.

I used to be with British Gas on a self-read contract. No dodgy estimated bills that way (unless you're on holiday when the bill is meant to be read).

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Uncle have you been paying for the Amex electricity ???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If we can get a lost iPad into the nationals surely we can get US into the nationals with this. C'mon NSC, start getting those fingers dialling.

It all depends on other news stories, if Boots in Haywards Heath was to open late tomorrow then US's story wouldn't stand a chance.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Oh dear Uncle, why does everything happen to you. :lolol: £150 k that will keep me going all afternoon.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Privatised utility companies are the scum of the earth. I've been having a similar fight with edf on behalf of my Mother. They claim she owes a four figure sum for her combined electric & gas which is utter crap. They sent out an amended bill for the electric but are claiming the gas was an exact reading despite my Mother having a letter stating the gas reading was an estimation!

The other favourite stunt is being changed from one company to another without your knowledge. They all claim its not possible. Thats complete crap because it happened to my Mother.

The sooner the utility companies are back in public ownership the better. The whole industry is a complicated webb of corperate spivs.

Re the OP & his problem: I'd strongly suggest going to the papers but as we know, many get their source material from this forum anyway. I expect they're already on the case & you'll be getting a call very soon!

Just a bit of insider info on EDF - they NEVER cut off a private customer. I know it doesn't help with your issue but it might help to alleviate some stress.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Just a bit of insider info on EDF - they NEVER cut off a private customer. I know it doesn't help with your issue but it might help to alleviate some stress.
EDF I take it is "Electricité de France". Fancy them being your electric company. Of course, my electric company is Spanish, and my mom and dad in Boston are customers of National Grid.

Some damned long wires snaking back across the sea-bottom...no wonder it's so bloody expensive.

Jan 30, 2008
I have had a dispute for npower for about a year. They keep sending me estimated readings with ridiculous amounts owing and ignore the actual readings. This culminated on Xmas Eve, yes Xmas Eve when I got a letter demanding over £ 2000 or they were threatening to cut me off.

I had, I thought resolved the matter when they accepted the correct readings and apologised and even bunged me £ 50 back off my bill.

NO, today I have got a letter demanding £ 9535 for Gas and £ 142480 for electricity ! As I live without central heating and use a minimal amount of electricity you have to laugh. I am not running a nuclear power station here !

Is this worth sending to the press do you think as I have had enough now ?

All joking aside it is very stressful and they do not reply to correspondence and keep sending out these letters and sending meter reading men around weekly.
METERU by any chance or LOWRIE BECK

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Jan 30, 2008
Lowrie Beck mate. WTF is going on ?
Did they turn up with a white stick, double check the meter serial number matches up to the one on the bill for starters, does the meter have two readings? it could be that the readings have been inputed back to front ie day to night , night to day, other than that i don't know .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not sure but I have had numerous meter readers. How can they send a bill for £ 152 k ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here