Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] I miss Brighton

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we went away for nearly 9 years (to Wales) after 55 years and moved back to Eastbourne which is a great town
we had a drive through Brighton last week first time I had seen it in 11 years and I must say I miss it a little
but its more the people I miss rather than the city
Eastbourne is close enough and a little more sedate

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
IMHO Brighton aint what it used to be.

Nowadays it's just a place to live.

I long for Hove to be honest. Even though it's only 200 yards up the road.

try Wales that would change your perspective a little

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I miss Brighton. But I also know it is not the same place i left over 20 years ago :-(

Brighton is a totally different place to 20 years ago, I like to visit now but I would never live there again. I know Newhaven is nothing to shout about but I like to park outside my house not 3 streets away.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I too miss Brighton. I've been away for over a year now. You wont find many better cities in England.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Moved away about 8 months ago. Miss it terribly. I was a resident there for 16 years. Reading the pub thread has made me miss the place. Sigh.

Not wrong mate, been gone over a year now, homesickness manifests itself in alcohol consumption for me sometimes

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't miss it. But then I've never lived there.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Moved away about 8 months ago. Miss it terribly. I was a resident there for 16 years. Reading the pub thread has made me miss the place. Sigh.

Made me miss it too, it has been over 10 years.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I moved away after divorce and giving the ex the house. Moved to Essex...met the love of my life...life goes on. But still. Brighton is the place where I want my bones to lie at the end.

I shall retire back to Brighton to drink away my old age. Lump in my throat reading this thread though....worse than i thought

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Chalk me up as another one who misses Brighton. Love the place.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Ok Here we go. I'm just the opposite. Moved temporarily to Somerset 2 years ago after 57 years in Brighton. Now I've come back to Peacehaven a few days in the rush hour through Ovingdean and rip-off parking fees has made me wish I could f**k right off again back to Somerset.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Been away for 9 years, missed it loads but get regular fixes when I come back for the football, coming home soon though.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Chalk me up as another one who misses Brighton. Love the place.

Me too. Used to live on North Gardens for many many years and since moving to the country 5 years ago I miss the whole city centre vibe and of course; Evening Star, Trafalgar, Pond, Albert, Nelson, Yeoman, Eagle, Basketmakers, whatever the Pedestrians is called this week, Heart in Hand............

Still have to travel in every day to work in Hove, but it's not the same as living in the city centre.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I absolutely love it but I do think the place is massively under threat as no young people can afford to buy a place here anymore. The population will age and a lot of pubs are already closing down.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ok Here we go. I'm just the opposite. Moved temporarily to Somerset 2 years ago after 57 years in Brighton. Now I've come back to Peacehaven a few days in the rush hour through Ovingdean and rip-off parking fees has made me wish I could f**k right off again back to Somerset.

You should have done your homework before moving back. Peacehaven and Newhaven have to be among the worse places in the county to live.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I moved away 23 years ago, I certainly fell out of love with the tatty dated feel of the place through the 90's, but with some of the gradual improvements in the years since, I now enjoy the place again each time I return.....but I would not ever return to live....the west country is a tough place to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here