I made a music video

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
thanks! next step is actually producing something - terrifying prospect as a beginner but getting there slowly

Don't worry about it. Just get stuck in. Best way to learn is to just start making tunes. There is so much online help now too. What DAW are you using?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
i have ableton and logic and then maschine for making drumloops. been playing around with both logic and ableton, leaning towards ableton atm although logic has some great presets

I've been producing on Ableton for the last 7-8 years I think. It's a fantastic piece of software. Have never used Logic so know very little about it. Learnt in fruity loops and Acid when I started.

If you haven't already come across them, Pointblank Online and Dub Spot have loads of brilliant tutorials, free on youtube. Amongst others.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I've been producing on Ableton for the last 7-8 years I think. It's a fantastic piece of software. Have never used Logic so know very little about it. Learnt in fruity loops and Acid when I started.

If you haven't already come across them, Pointblank Online and Dub Spot have loads of brilliant tutorials, free on youtube. Amongst others.

thanks i'll give them a try! i've started an online course on the basics of music production via the university of berklee which has been really interesting, and one of my good mates teaches production at school so i've got a good starting point - i need to stop getting overawed by it though

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
thanks i'll give them a try! i've started an online course on the basics of music production via the university of berklee which has been really interesting, and one of my good mates teaches production at school so i've got a good starting point - i need to stop getting overawed by it though

Sounds like you're set mate! Enjoy it!
Only advice I would give is to start building up a library of sounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports