Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I.M.O Mark McGhee is a good manager

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
He has got very limited resources and is doing the best he can with what he has available. He keeps shuffling the pack to try and get a formula that will work. However his hands are tied. Admitted some of his signings have been strange and not worked out, but overall with what he has to work with he is doing his best and above the call of duty. He can not perform miracles with the players he has at his disposal. We may stay up, we may go down changing managers and following a witch hunt will that change the way the season will progress ? Will changing the manager achieve anything ? I still think that what Mr McGhee did last season in keeping us up was the best ever and now he is trying to do the same with a squad that is not as good. Changing the manager will achieve bugger all.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dodge most people believe that it's just a few short sighted know it alls who think Ambravorich and Mourinho are ready to step in. Best to humour them though or they'll acuse the rest of us of being arse kissers or something equally subtle.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hear hear

(daren't put a clapping smiley in case that nasty Tom Hark calls me happy clappy) ;)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt anyone could do much better with the limited resources.

I know several people believe we should speculate to accumulate I think we will only ever have the luxury with a known revenue stream = Falmer.

Let's be honest we have been spoilt with success in recent years - two Championships and winning a play-off final.

Beach Hut said:
I doubt anyone could do much better with the limited resources.

I know several people believe we should speculate to accumulate I think we will only ever have the luxury with a known revenue stream = Falmer.

Let's be honest we have been spoilt with success in recent years - two Championships and winning a play-off final.

I genuinely believe 95 per cent of Albion fans believe this - but a large minority of even that 95% need a good whinge to let their frustrations out. That's fine, as I need a good whinge at the whingers to let mine out ;)

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO he is a good manager at this level or at getting promotion from Div 1.

I do not believe he is tactically sufficiently aware that we have a fear that a premiership club will come after him.

I believe that given the correct' tools of his trade' he could keep us up but he must be allowed to manage.

I am not so sure about his assistants and the help that they give him. He did much better to start off with at Millwall when Archie Knox was his assistant.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
IMHO he is a good manager at this level or at getting promotion from Div 1.

I do not believe he is tactically sufficiently aware that we have a fear that a premiership club will come after him.

I believe that given the correct' tools of his trade' he could keep us up but he must be allowed to manage.

I am not so sure about his assistants and the help that they give him. He did much better to start off with at Millwall when Archie Knox was his assistant.
It's quite interesting to see you change your point of attack through the months to target various members of staff. Current people in the cross hairs - the management staff. You can snipe all you want - you ain't getting Fozzie in.

BTW oapdodge, you are right of course. There are just far too many gullible people, devoid of original thought, who will believe anything that justifies their own pathetic state of mind. It's all horseshit.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
You can snipe all you want - you ain't getting Fozzie in.

I do not know where that comes from as I have never suggested such a thing. He has been out of direct footbll too long like George Graham who was a brilliant manager, one of the best, but would be no good coming back now.

I believe that the ball lies at one mans feet DK, but then I would wouldn't I.

There is obviously something wrong with the tactics/coaching side of the club that has 2 former strikers in charge and they cannot coach the strikers to score goals or pick out strikers that can. So the question must be asked where does the problem lie is it the manager, is it the assistance he gets from his coaching staff, is it interference from the chairman on transfers, as has been suggested.

The Argus has had very little about transfer/loan targets during the season so it is reasonably safe to assume that there hasn't been that many as they usually get a sniff if there is anything going on. Why when MM has maintained for 4 months that we needed a striker and still do? I cannot believe that we have been turned down by that many strikers and it is the easiest task in the world to say that we were interested in this man and that man because nobody can prove or disprove it.

I suggested some weks ago trying to get 2 men out of retirement on short contracts Les Ferdinand and Tim Sherwood who both retired last season but apparently both are more interested in careers in the media.

Last week this board was full of the American striker who was released by Man Utd Cooper but nothing in any papers about any team being interested.

Where do we go I dont know, like most I am just so frustrated at the apparent apathy about whether or not we get relegated.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here