Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I love our online ticket system...

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
just tried to log on and get my tickets and after putting my fan number and password in i have been greeted with the page refreshing and a little comment above the fan number box saying... "This service is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time." anyone else got this problem and anyone else think the person whos idea it was to put all tickets on sale at the same time to be given a very big punch on the nose!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
To be honest, the three games on sale are aimed at pretty much the same group of people, to start with.

The amount of tickets per purchase doesn't really affect time/effort/energy. Why have three waves of traffic, when you can have one?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Same, pissing me right off, it was full earlier so I try at a later time and it doesn't f***ing let me.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Looks like they might've taken the login system offline for a while - either for maintenance or tweaks? Not too unreasonable at 0030. Still plenty of time for 1250 loyalty point fans to claim their seats.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This. Complain when you actually don't get the tickets you want, until that happens no one has anything justifiable to complain about.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
This. Complain when you actually don't get the tickets you want, until that happens no one has anything justifiable to complain about.

i agree completely. i was frustrated all evening waiting to try get through online but i have done. those with 1250 points have no worries to get their tickets for any of the games.

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
To be honest, the three games on sale are aimed at pretty much the same group of people, to start with.

The amount of tickets per purchase doesn't really affect time/effort/energy. Why have three waves of traffic, when you can have one?

i know but if everyone left it untill last minuet wouldnt we be in the same situation but with a bit less time ?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
so your saying the ticket system is good and no one should moan about it?

Yes. There are a few teething problems but the vast majority of people managed to log on in a reasonable amount of time and buy the tickets they were entitled to. There is room for some constructive criticism though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i know but if everyone left it untill last minuet wouldnt we be in the same situation but with a bit less time ?

Last minute ?
You've got a whole WEEK to book the tickets. Half the problem as been people trying to get their tickets booked immediately.

I'll have another sniff at the weekend.

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
Last minute ?
You've got a whole WEEK to book the tickets. Half the problem as been people trying to get their tickets booked immediately.

I'll have another sniff at the weekend.

people do this because they are all scared that a "JCL" that has magicly recived an extra 2000 points will be there instead of them

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Christ, some people do work themselves up into a LATHA don't they. The self-righteousness is off the scale.

I've got 1,250 points as has my lad. I'm 95% confident that I'll be able to log on Saturday and buy two Spurs tickets. In truth though, all I really care about is the Donnie game. So if there IS some monstrous cock-up for Spurs (which I sincerely doubt), but if there is, then I'm not really going to lose any sleep over it to be quite frank, because my season ticket is safely secured for the games that matter.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Reasoned response, well argued. You seem to be one of a small minority who thinks this has been a complete disaster. I would wager a poll would show that the vast majority are happy with their experience of the online ticketing system today.

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
Reasoned response, well argued. You seem to be one of a small minority who thinks this has been a complete disaster. I would wager a poll would show that the vast majority are happy with their experience of the online ticketing system today.

not a complete disaster just a very busy cock up that could of easily been prevented :)

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
Ben, be patient this is all making me laugh havnt seen this type of panic since the cup final in 83. The difference is in those days standing in a cue for hours was your only option, so the pictures of these massive lines of people in Queens Rd BONKERS! The add my reserve seat function on the site is brilliant, all of our seats are reserved until the end of the first time window 13th july i believe so why people find it necessary to overwhelm the site and purchase tickets in the first few hours is nuts in my opion!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Didn't really have any problems yesterday, once i figured out the Add your Reserved seat option (which could have been clearer imo) it was pretty darn easy and convenient to get the tickets. FWIW I was not a fan of the system last season but this seems to be an improvement. Once up and running I'm looking forward to seeing the loyalty points add up too.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
i agree completely. i was frustrated all evening waiting to try get through online but i have done. those with 1250 points have no worries to get their tickets for any of the games.

Plenty of 1250 points (non-1901) holders went through 'hell' too yesterday with the overloaded website, clogged 'hot'line, or 3.25 hours queue in Queens Road. The occasional person was lucky and went on NSC saying "got tickets online. no problem", but the system had to sell to someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here