Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I lost everthing tonight

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
Wishing you all the best mate. There are many people around you that feel for you and are ready to help you. Let the people in who you know only want to help. If nothing else, this thread has shown that you are not alone and there are people in your life that are here to help you through thick and thin. We all care about you and want to be here to help carry you through this rough time. Take care of yourself and don't do anything foolish.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hang on in there, Sean.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I feel I gone from letting people walk all over me in the past i used to buy people friendship, drink in pubs and food, gifts. I noticed when my breakdown started all these friends vanished and now I'm very angry and bitter probs why I can't hold a relationship.

I am not sure how to handle the anger but il try, I am no violent but I don't think I just say what's in my head.

We are from the same mould mate. Relationships are bloody hard work to maintain, well they are 10 x harder if you carry depression with you. I have pushed people I loved away as my depression on occassions suffocated the relationship. People are not saints. They have to ultimately think of their own well being at the end of the day. So I know exactly what you are going through as I have been there mate.

Anyone that suffers from depression and battles on and creates a good life for themselves are bloody heroes in my book.

You have all my contact details to talk anytime.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thanks for your PM and messages not been asleep due to Police and Dr visits, trying to build my relationship back with Lindsey and Mum, but i told my mum il never forgive my sister again.

I have felt depressed in the past but this is something else, i never felt so dejected in my life

Stick with it Falkor it will get better, just think of your boys

Camicus

Dear Falkor Im not really sure where to start or where to end so if I ramble a touch please forgive me. A while ago I started having panic attacks not little ones but massive heart thundering mind blanking come to on the floor with a crowd of people thinking your having a fit type panic attacks. I dont say this in a effort to hijack the thread or garner sympathy but to let you know where Im comming from and where I have been.

It takes nuts the size of footballs to admit to depression more so on a football forum and the fact that you have done so is a good step in the right direction. You have an illness a horrible infliction that is invisable and silent and soul crushing trust me I know how dark it gets. You can do nothing about your sisters behaviour or the way the outside world treats mental illness. But what you can do is seek the help that is out there you mentioned that you have a CPN talk to her talk to your Doctor and get in touch with MIND I cannot praise them highly enough for the help they gave me when I was really bad.

I understand the anger frustration and self loathing the feelings of worthlessnes and would say to you that that is the illness talking and not you.

Keep fighting it and know by asking for help they wont block access to your kids.

Peace out mate and feel free to pm Im almost always online

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I don't think my family understand how much my sister means to me she is my last connection to my birth family, and what she has done and doing. I can't understand and it's destroyed me.

I went nuts at Lindsey I'm away and accused her of cheating I just saw red and have hurt my family.
I love Lindsey more than life it's self she saved my life when we meet.

I'm now sat on a train going to meet her and dreading it.

That ellie song sums up how I feel, these demons from my past are eating me slowly. I get ontop but then they come back and it's a never ending cycle I'm scared to talk about my past as I'm worried about my health, but this can't go on. As one day the suicide thoughts will win.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Sean - Just give Lindsey a big cuddle hun - it will all be fine - she was the one who got me on Facebook and gave me your mobile number so that proves how much she cares about you.

Go sort it out hun xxx we are all thinking about you xxx

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Good luck Sean. Keep calm and rational and take one day at a time. You can get through this tough time.

You have a curry night to look forward to in a couple of weeks if your up for it? There could be a big new caring family about to come into your life.

Stay strong and try to think positive mate.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't think my family understand how much my sister means to me she is my last connection to my birth family, and what she has done and doing. I can't understand and it's destroyed me.

I went nuts at Lindsey I'm away and accused her of cheating I just saw red and have hurt my family.
I love Lindsey more than life it's self she saved my life when we meet.

I'm now sat on a train going to meet her and dreading it.

That ellie song sums up how I feel, these demons from my past are eating me slowly. I get ontop but then they come back and it's a never ending cycle I'm scared to talk about my past as I'm worried about my health, but this can't go on. As one day the suicide thoughts will win.

Falkor, keep your chin up fella - we blokes more often than not hurt the ones we love the most and our poor partners often bear the brunt when we have dark days. Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a coffee in town sometime (I'm in newhaven).

Glad you're talking and admitting you have probs is the first huge step to overcoming them.

Just look back on Cornish Seagull!'s thread to see just how much the NSC family can be so supportive!

All the very best

Si

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dear Falkor Im not really sure where to start or where to end so if I ramble a touch please forgive me. A while ago I started having panic attacks not little ones but massive heart thundering mind blanking come to on the floor with a crowd of people thinking your having a fit type panic attacks. I dont say this in a effort to hijack the thread or garner sympathy but to let you know where Im comming from and where I have been.

It takes nuts the size of footballs to admit to depression more so on a football forum and the fact that you have done so is a good step in the right direction. You have an illness a horrible infliction that is invisable and silent and soul crushing trust me I know how dark it gets. You can do nothing about your sisters behaviour or the way the outside world treats mental illness. But what you can do is seek the help that is out there you mentioned that you have a CPN talk to her talk to your Doctor and get in touch with MIND I cannot praise them highly enough for the help they gave me when I was really bad.

I understand the anger frustration and self loathing the feelings of worthlessnes and would say to you that that is the illness talking and not you.

Keep fighting it and know by asking for help they wont block access to your kids.

Peace out mate and feel free to pm Im almost always online

This. It is quite incredible in this day and age the ignorance and prejudice about depression. Grown and supposedly intelligent people telling you to " stop feeling sorry for yourself " or " get a grip ". Staggering. Falkor has show the ultimare courage in confronting this and trying to overcome it. Keep STRONG Sean. Just give your partner a massive hug. You don't even need to say anything. A MASSIVE hug will be enough.

Last edited:

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Outstanding effort from people on here (especially LG).

Who knows what was happening 'on the ground' but if people here contributed to getting the right professional help in urgently overnight and helping Falkor through a very dark night, then this will become THE legendary NSC thread.

This heart-warming thread and looking at the Table (constantly) this morning dont half cheer you up on a rainy morning.

PS. might be worth someone from the club checking in on Falkor and assuring him of even more support.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Police where good very caring better than the Dr, only problem I had with them was the dead number for crisis team.

I even rang Sussex mental health who called me selfish for feeling suicidal as I have a family, I do see suicide as a form of being selfish but do us really say that to s guy in a crisis on phone. When I'm better I would like to meet a number of you ESP ladygull and Tony ya both amazing and thank you.

Thanks just coming into Brighton so chat soon.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I don't know you're situation only what's been posted, but looks like you've got a lot of support from people on NSC. Good luck today keep positive.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ive done some daft things in my life and wandering around the pubs of newhaven at 11pm with the lurg on a saturday night looking for a bloke i did'nt have a clue what they looked like and who happend to be in a different county just randomly shouting out the name falkor at people could of been mis heard and got me a black eye :)

Not a clue what people who suffer from this type of thing must go through but it seems you are not alone judging by the comments on here there will always be somebody around to talk to .

Take care , and keep fighting , and good job NSC.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Falkor, stay safe. I know what you mean about the Community Mental Health people, some of them aren't as good as others is all I will say from my dealings with them after my mum took an overdose a couple of months ago.
You need to speak to people who will listen without judging and if you don't feel your doctor is much help, ask to see one of the other doctors at the practice.
You've had a lot of offers of help from people on here; use them, even if it's only to go for a cuppa and talk about the Albion. Say as much or as little as you want to.
Good luck

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Ive done some daft things in my life and wandering around the pubs of newhaven at 11pm with the lurg on a saturday night looking for a bloke i did'nt have a clue what they looked like and who happend to be in a different county just randomly shouting out the name falkor at people could of been mis heard and got me a black eye :)

Not a clue what people who suffer from this type of thing must go through but it seems you are not alone judging by the comments on here there will always be somebody around to talk to .

LOLOLOL I managed to get a message eventually to your Mrs? I think to tell you that he was in Deal xxx
Thanks for trying though xxx your a star - any excuse to go to the pub eh? xxx

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All the best Falkor, thinking about you here in Wales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here