Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I lost everthing tonight

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Don't know who Falkor is but fair play to everyone in this topic for getting involved with help.

Hope all works itself out for you mate!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, I've been away from NSC most of the day and have just seen this. I can only reiterate what other people have said, there are ways through this - I've had people close to me go through the sorts of pain you're going through and they came out the other side. There's plenty of people who'll support you.

And well done to Lady Gull and others - you've played a blinder. This is NSC at its best

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Blimey, I've been away from NSC most of the day and have just seen this. I can only reiterate what other people have said, there are ways through this - I've had people close to me go through the sorts of pain you're going through and they came out the other side. There's plenty of people who'll support you.

And well done to Lady Gull and others - you've played a blinder. This is NSC at its best

I might go and start a thread about Barnes, Immigration and God. All this lovey dovey stuff is freaking me out i think I need a binfest!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
The Internet and chat forums (including NSC) have such a bad reputation for bullshit, arrogance, lies and on the whole this can be very entertaining but NSC so often sheds these cloaks when push comes to shove and tonight is another of those occasions. Falkor you've done the right thing coming here and you'll know who's words to listen to in these 10 pages whilst you plan your next move with your family. Also the night shift are a willing mob and no doubt their numbers have increased recently.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Chin up mate, your kids need you, stay strong for them.

Read your blog earlier, if you have got through all that you have, you can get through this too.

Thinking of you mate.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Amazing thread. I echo the sentiments of everyone, and fired off a PM. Whatever is happening, there is a whole bank of support on here and maybe from sources you wouldn't expect. I myself have been the recipent of personal help and advice from people on here recently, this is much more than just a football forum on here.

I meant what I said in my PM, [MENTION=24003]Falkor[/MENTION]. :thumbsup:

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Falkor - so many people on here are offering their help; please use it - we all want to help you buddy!

You have the strength to push through this; you just need to talk it through and have some clarity. Lots of great advice on this thread. Pick the person (people) you feel drawn to and talk to them.

I've got to go, but keep strong - we're all here for you! :thumbsup:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
You have not "lost your kids" all the time you are their father - don't make THEM lose YOU!
Falkor there are peope trapped in disabled bodies or with debilatating diseases, and they live with those conditions.
Honour the unfortunate, and don't destroy your children's lives by a selfish act.

DavePage

Sean, take care my man, please don't do anything stupid.
You have taken a very large step acknowledging that you have some kind of mental problem, however slight.
In Canada to their credit they accept that there are many mental heath problems, actually in Canada we probably all have some kind of mental health problem, it doesn't make you crazy, it may mean that you experience headaches on a regular basis.
Here, it is all under the same umbrella of mental health. In England the perception of mental health is the more extreme, your a nutter or head case that no one understands.
maybe this is the concept that your father sees and cannot accept, maybe not.
You are less than half my age, but if you wish to contact me please do. We have a common interest in the fact that we are on this site.
I brought my family to Canada 6 1/2 years ago and my biggest problem with leaving was BHAFC, it hurt. In this country my obsession would be called a mental heath problem.
So be strong, contact me, and we will one day make a date for me to bring my son (15) to the Amex and meet up with you & your boys and share our common interest.
We have only just started on the Gus bus, and we have not even experienced it yet!! Trust me man, let the right people diminish your problems, seek the right help, forget your immediate family problems.
Get yourself sorted first.
Looking forward to meeting you in the future, when we can share a beer, a curry and at least cheering the boys in blue & white until we can shout no longer.
Have a peaceful night and drop me a pm tomorrow or whenever, whats to be lost you don't even know me.
Dave

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sounds like you are going through the ringer mate , try and keep your chin up and talk to someone about it.......please dont do anything daft.......think of your kids mate......good luck...!!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Just read through this thread in its start to present post. WOW, what a fantastic community with some exceptional people at the heart of it - well done and so much respoect for all of you.

Falkor, I dont know you and have never met you. But, 100% I can relate with you, I am 30 years old and am the father to 2 amazing children. I also suffer from mental health problems, it took me AGES to get help and start the road to discovering improved mental well being. You have already done so much, starting a blog and sharing how you feel is HUGE, I wish I had done something like this, truly inspirational mate.

Above all the problems, you need to think about the number 1 priority here, who depends on you and look up to you? Your children. They will have unconditional love at such young ages. And I tell you what, them seeing you as the man you are, facing your fear and battling issues - you will be their hero. You have already become one to me.

Look, I cant give you any real advise as your situation can be different to what I face/d. (My mum will not accept I have mental health issues) but can relate to you. Here for you if needed, stay strong, stay safe and take a big look into the eyes of your children. Puts it all into perspective. You have done the hardest bit - self recognition of your mental health and reaching out for help. You are a REAL MAN, it takes a stronger man to ask for help than to face things alone.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Falkor, please as soon as you can get professional advice. You have seen how many people here care and will support you. Use them and don't feel bad about it, then find someone - a GP, a drop in centre, nhs direct, etc.
Friends and friendly people are marvellous and will keep you going, but if you get professional advice when you are really down that can help you avoid the bad times.

Obviously I don't know whether it's true for everyone but from personal experience sometimes even the kindest words don't seem quite enough.

Definitely talk to all the kind people who have offered to listen, but if you still feel bad, don't judge yourself.

I really really hope things get ok for you.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Thanks for your PM and messages not been asleep due to Police and Dr visits, trying to build my relationship back with Lindsey and Mum, but i told my mum il never forgive my sister again.

I have felt depressed in the past but this is something else, i never felt so dejected in my life

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for your PM and messages not been asleep due to Police and Dr visits, trying to build my relationship back with Lindsey and Mum, but i told my mum il never forgive my sister again.

I have felt depressed in the past but this is something else, i never felt so dejected in my life

You have my mobile number. Call me anytime or keep talking on FB.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011

Good to see you back on here. Keep strong. x

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Morning hunny - hang in there - lots of ppl on here care - I was just about to text you to make sure you were ok!

Try and rest today Hun - you know where we all are if you need us - xxxxx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here