Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know the season is still in its infancy, and I'm no bed wetter....

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No. Not seriously worried, nor even slightly worried. The season has barely begun after all.

Really?

We've completed 1/6th of the season, that's a fair chunk, and the only games we've got 3 points from were against what look like very poor sides.

I'm not 'seriously worried' about us going down, but that wasn't the aim for this season, the aim was top 6.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
And at what point do we stop saying that as we fall further and further away from the promotion/play off places, throwing away 3 points after 3 points?
Personally, I was expecting mid-table this season regardless as I genuinely believe that giving a manager time is better than the alternative so, slipping away from playoffs won't worry me unduly.

If we get halfway through and look to be in a real relegation scrap (which I think unlikely) then I'd be slightly concerned.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never a dull moment.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
When will people like you realise that omelettes have no place in 21st. century football?

12tv_120228_0113.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Personally, I was expecting mid-table this season regardless as I genuinely believe that giving a manager time is better than the alternative so, slipping away from playoffs won't worry me unduly.

If we get halfway through and look to be in a real relegation scrap (which I think unlikely) then I'd be slightly concerned.

I don't think TB will share your sentiments. We have been top ten for the last three seasons and he expects that to continue. Football is all about gaining momentum and falling to mid-table ( which looks a bit optimistic at present ) or even the lower reaches of the table will stop that dead in its tracks. As previous posters have said, crowds will start to fall at the Amex unless results pick up. Thats what brings the crowds in....RESULTS....not gung ho, naive football, getting picked off on the counter-attack all the time.
Against the opposition so far, it is a poor start. We haven't played any of the bigger guns yet...Forest, Watford, Norwich, Derby etc. At the moment we look unbalanced, naive and vulnerable and it doesn't augur well for the weeks ahead.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I don't think TB will share your sentiments. We have been top ten for the last three seasons and he expects that to continue. Football is all about gaining momentum and falling to mid-table ( which looks a bit optimistic at present ) or even the lower reaches of the table will stop that dead in its tracks. As previous posters have said, crowds will start to fall at the Amex unless results pick up. Thats what brings the crowds in....RESULTS....not gung ho, naive football, getting picked off on the counter-attack all the time.
Against the opposition so far, it is a poor start. We haven't played any of the bigger guns yet...Forest, Watford, Norwich, Derby etc. At the moment we look unbalanced, naive and vulnerable and it doesn't augur well for the weeks ahead.

I agree with that except to say that I do believe a BHAFC crowd likes attacking football and I don't think the crowds will drift if the attacking football continues. We just need a bit of tweaking. Our crosses need to be better and our full backs need to learn to block a cross. We need a very deep midfielder to play with high full backs and Ince isn't good enough (yet) and it's in unnatural to Holla. LuaLua should be on the left wing, impact sub. Not in midfield. I think Stockdale has been unlucky but he's having troubles as the opposition are getting shooting practice in with plenty of time and he's exposed with our defence all over the place when they counter.

Yoda

English & European
We are two points above the relegation zone and have played very poorly in three of our seven games so far this season. Therefore, yes, I am quite worried, albeit it is early days.

Two of those games were before the squad had been put together. We just need it to gel now, but some of the signs are encouraging. Just need the defence to be as solid as last season (although three changes in that hasn't helped).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Worried.

I think we'll get destroyed by Forest and Watford.

Minimum we need v Blackpool is a win.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree with that except to say that I do believe a BHAFC crowd likes attacking football and I don't think the crowds will drift if the attacking football continues. We just need a bit of tweaking. Our crosses need to be better and our full backs need to learn to block a cross. We need a very deep midfielder to play with high full backs and Ince isn't good enough (yet) and it's in unnatural to Holla. LuaLua should be on the left wing, impact sub. Not in midfield. I think Stockdale has been unlucky but he's having troubles as the opposition are getting shooting practice in with plenty of time and he's exposed with our defence all over the place when they counter.

Agree with this. Holla needs to play alongside Ince or Toko. I think Ince is good enough (although he can improve), and I hope Toko is -- his pedigree suggests it is, it's just not clear to what extent Hyypia rates him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here