Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing in that rag is a good read.
No - 'that rag' has an editorial policy and a political slant which is anathema to some. Despite that, they do employ some decent journalists, and their football (and some other sports) reporting is fine'
That was an enjoyable (if not particularly innovative) read - as are many such articles in The S*n.

Still, a bit of posturing is good for the soul, I suppose......................

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No - 'that rag' has an editorial policy and a political slant which is anathema to some. Despite that, they do employ some decent journalists, and their football (and some other sports) reporting is fine'
That was an enjoyable (if not particularly innovative) read - as are many such articles in The S*n.

Still, a bit of posturing is good for the soul, I suppose......................

If you think it’s the political slant that means people have the problem with The Sun then you’re either being purposefully obtuse or incredibly thick. You can decide which one, but it’s probably best to keep the answer to yourself as I really struggle to care.

Also having a dig about posturing and then bleeping out the name? Hilarious.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you think it’s the political slant that means people have the problem with The Sun then you’re either being purposefully obtuse or incredibly thick. You can decide which one, but it’s probably best to keep the answer to yourself as I really struggle to care.

Also having a dig about posturing and then bleeping out the name? Hilarious.
:shrug:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Anything thats good about Brighton is a good read as far as i'm concerned as long as its truthful. Life is to short to worry about all this don't read this and that shit. I mean its really attention seeking isn't it if you don't like just ignore the post ffs.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sun writers should not be channelling Martin Niemoller

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Anything thats good about Brighton is a good read as far as i'm concerned as long as its truthful. Life is to short to worry about all this don't read this and that shit. I mean its really attention seeking isn't it if you don't like just ignore the post ffs.
Quite- there’s nothing in there that’s not true and - just to be clear- I did not say that the Sun was ‘a good read’ ..

What I actually said was that ‘it was good to read’ ie that it was good to read such a complimentary appraisal about our Club in a national mainstream paper (I don’t care much what mainstream newspaper chooses to praise us and gives us the recognition we deserve)

As said above - don’t bother reading it ffs if you boycott the Sun - that’s not what thread was about.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If it's all been said before then there's no need to open a link from that filthy rag.
Ironic given the number of multiple threads on WSV that basically have the same discussions ad nauseum yet still people start new ones 😂

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ironic given the number of multiple threads on WSV that basically have the same discussions ad nauseum yet still people start new ones 😂
WSV?

Listen, if you want to share links from a paper that blatantly lied about the deaths of 97 football fans, you crack on, and I’ll crack on with saying anyone who reads a word of that rag is a scumbag.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling

Indeed ... but Slagging off the Sun/Daily Mail always guarantees a good thumbing on NSC plus you get lots of Wokey points to spend next time you are in waitrose buying quinoa 😁

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
WSV?

Listen, if you want to share links from a paper that blatantly lied about the deaths of 97 football fans, you crack on, and I’ll crack on with saying anyone who reads a word of that rag is a scumbag.
Spot on. Whatever you think about Liverpool and their fans, they went to a football match just like we do, they went where the stewards directed them to go, and they died for it.

Then the Sun came along, vilified the fans, shilled for the authorities and tried to get the deaths viewed as self-inflicted rather than state manslaughter.

A shameful episode in our country’s (and media’s) history. Never forget that whatever the Sun professes, it’s the tool of a deeply flawed state. (See also: The Daily Mail)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Spot on. Whatever you think about Liverpool and their fans, they went to a football match just like we do, they went where the stewards directed them to go, and they died for it.

Then the Sun came along, vilified the fans, shilled for the authorities and tried to get the deaths viewed as self-inflicted rather than state manslaughter.

A shameful episode in our country’s (and media’s) history. Never forget that whatever the Sun professes, it’s the tool of a deeply flawed state. (See also: The Daily Mail)
Seriously if you want to start a thread about how various media outlets dealt with the aftermath of that tragedy and other flaws then do - it merits one for sure but it has nothing to do with this thread topic

I was merely highlighting a complimentary article about BHA was good to read.

Last edited by a moderator:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If it's all been said before then there's no need to open a link from that filthy rag.
your'e a mod so delete the thread. But i do object to being potentially called a scumbag for reading a report on my favorite football team. That'a all !
Edit FWIW I've never purchased the Sun in my life.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here