Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know, I know, another Zamora thread...

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
Bonkers this thread, he has played in the Premier league and for England...and he practically got us out of the lower leagues on his own...I'd love it if he came back

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As well as being much older and injury prone since his BHA days, Bobby Z has changed as a player. He has bulked out more physically and is now, purely a target man, holding the ball up or knocking on for fellow strikers.
He retains the same skill sets...one footed and can't head the ball. He is one of those players who is not quite good enough to make the transition to regular top-flight goalscorer. Sure, he will make the odd contribution but not regularly.
Put bluntly, he is another Heskey. Scoring goals for fun, when young, at lower levels but then seeing them dry up at the top level. Then they have to re-evaluate their game and become a non-goalscoring target man. Praised by managers for their contribution in everything bar goals.
Adams wiped out most of his previous good work by coming back and performing abysmally. I wouldn't want to see Zamora doing the same.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Too late but sad. No and No

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Couple of years ago would've snapped at BZ playing again for us....but as others have said,....too late now......thanks for the memories Bobby...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
But now that QPR are relegated and it could be a real possibility, would you have him in our squad for next season:

a) if we stay in the Championship

b) if we get promoted

assuming we can afford him.

Well?

I loved Bobby in his time with us. Not too sure he would fit in with us or even get a game with us now. Not good to go back as it rarely works. Thanks and all the very best Bobby.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
God no. Injured and doesn't have the appetite for it anymore. The people saying yes, let me guess, you were the same ones desperate for Adams to come back?

The time for BZ to come back was for the first season at the Amex. That time has passed and we could well be playing a division above him next year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That ship has long since sailed, IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here