Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I keep thinking I'm Alan Pardew

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Your work colleague wouldn't have been at London Victoria about half 1 on Saturday would he? I saw an Alan Pardew doppelgänger there as I went to get the train to Charlton. There can't be 3 poor sods who have to go through life looking like that can there?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Alan Pardew has always reminded me of James Carker from Dombey and Son, one of Dickens' great villains. Carker is renowned for his smarmy, oleaginous manner, regarded by all as a smooth operator, while in reality shafting all and sundry. His most noticeable physical characteristic is his set of shiny, white teeth and at the end of the novel, it's revealed he has seduced Dombey's wife.

Don't quite know why I see the resemblance

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I look forward to the picture of him nutting/rubbing his face on David Meyler (or a lookalike, to follow the theme).

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Alan Pardew has always reminded me of James Carker from Dombey and Son, one of Dickens' great villains. Carker is renowned for his smarmy, oleaginous manner, regarded by all as a smooth operator, while in reality shafting all and sundry. His most noticeable physical characteristic is his set of shiny, white teeth and at the end of the novel, it's revealed he has seduced Dombey's wife.

Don't quite know why I see the resemblance

Mr Carker lives in or near Norwood, I recall, and plays no part in the Brighton-based part of the novel. The evidence is building up.....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mr Carker lives in or near Norwood, I recall, and plays no part in the Brighton-based part of the novel. The evidence is building up.....

Oh, well played: I'd completely forgotten that. Yes, he did indeed live in Norwood, in a home of some luxury

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well I thought it was funny :shrug:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Not Andy...... When he was at West Ham, I wonder how people like yourself got so many stories about hammers players? #innocent face

When i say like yourself, I mean in the same profession

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Time for NSC to introduce 18 certificates for certain threads.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not Andy...... When he was at West Ham, I wonder how people like yourself got so many stories about hammers players? #innocent face

When i say like yourself, I mean in the same profession

Er, well, yes.

Mind you, West Ham has always been a hard place NOT to get stories from. Everyone in the Essex seems to know someone who works at the training ground, they all write a blog or publish a fanzine, and the stories are out as soon as anything has happened. For example, when Karen Brady sacked Gianfranco Zola and told him that, far from paying him off, they intended to take legal action against him, they were the only two people in the room. But it was on a Hammers blog five minutes later - and that was a long time before David Sullivan and his sons and David Gold discovered Twitter.

Dec 29, 2011
I got a feeling these will go viral. This is the kind of shit 'lad bible' and the rest lap up. Put a (C) Northstandchat.com logo on to garner a few more visits.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm glad he's joined Palace though. It marries the scummiest club and the scummeist manager together in a blissful union of loathing.

Arrh bless
You carry on loathing :thumbsup:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here