I keep Getting a Pop Up ad on NSC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I might do something quite extreme as a precaution and take NSC to original vanilla vBulletin. It means it will all look a bit different for a while.

I'm moving house Somerset -> Sussex tomorrow so don't have much time to devote to this at the moment unfortunately.

Hope the move goes smoothly!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm still getting it. It seems to be if I leave NSC open and go away from the PC for a while, when I come back and refresh the page or go somewhere else on NSC it pops up. Seems to be more about time than clicks, ie if you've just had it, you won't get it for a while.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does anyone know if it is dangerous or just annoying?

Avast is blocking the page as malware so I assume it is definitely well-dodgy.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Same here. Had a malaware warning when I logged on a few minutes ago plus also one yesterday. Also yesterday, I had pop up with offers from young Asian ladies too good to turn down.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I know this doesn't help you lot much, but I've still had none. Recommend Adblocker (obviously turned off for NSC :angel:). Might be blocking the pop-ups to other sites? Don't know. Either that or you're all welcome to use my comp to post on provision of beers & grub.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Just had it happen to me, first time was the Russian one, then another one popped up for the Home Working thing. Very annoying.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I've got the same work from home link in Chrome and Firefox.

Then this morning after the WFH site opened Windows defender took my laptop back to safe mode due to suspicious directory changes. It then removed a Trojan called Win32redfarb
Or some such.

Beware.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I haven't had a single pop-up, curiously.

But I know others are, so I can only apologise.

I've raised a support call with vBulletin - hopefully this will be resolved in the very near future.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I know this doesn't help you lot much, but I've still had none. Recommend Adblocker (obviously turned off for NSC :angel:). Might be blocking the pop-ups to other sites? Don't know. Either that or you're all welcome to use my comp to post on provision of beers & grub.
Ad-block doesn't stop them on Chrome. Avast keeps picking them up as malware and blocks the page

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports