Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] I just saved a MOTH (maybe)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think people should be messing around with the natural course and balance of nature here.
It's a fine line between helping a Moff out and in the future having huge, 3 headed Moffs the size of your hand attacking you, like at Yeovil FC, for example.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Snide? He’s just trying to do his ****ing job!

You’ve deprived a poor Spider of his breakfast!

Bloody humans interfering in everything!

Yep. I will admit to rescuing a bee from a web across my hebe shrub. The poor bed was trying to do its job collecting pollen from the blossoms, when it flew into a web hidden amongst the flowers.
I used the spout of the watering can, sans rose, to free it from the web, having been brought to my attention by a furious buzzing for help.
I placed it on the lawn, but it still had some web attached, along with some blossom. I managed to pick the petals between my finger & thumb which came away with the remnants of the web. The bee flew away safe & sound, and I broke up the rest of the web. The spider can build elsewhere, and I can enjoy my honey.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I take the opposite approach. I FEED insects to spiders as I'm a big fan of the 8-legged ********. There are an abundance of ants hanging about, so one or two popped onto a terribly placed web seems like it won't do much harm.

Whilst we're on this topic, I would like to give a big shout out to all those spiders who are not building their webs at face height.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here