Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I just do not believe what i have just watched

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
FFS, how the mighty have fallen, we've had some great results recently, we lose a sucker punch game v the scum, and its the end of the world.
Grow up some you :facepalm:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Genuinely the shittest game of football I've seen.

Negative cr*p from them and a lack of effort from us. F**king dire!

Plenty of effort from Brighton, perfectly executed game from Palace.

And a very good game of footballing chess.

No complaints, apart from the result.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Annoying, but at least we don’t have to watch that utter shite anti football every week.

I think watching that shite and winning 2-1 beats playing lovely football and losing. I would rather win ugly than lose pretty, personally. And lets be honest, it wasnt anti football. They played to their game plan, defend solidly and counter. And they did, and had two lovely finishes. They weren’t lucky, dodgy flukes. We got done.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Maupay should have been off at half time,positive move bringing on welbeck and llalana but both of them were not great,llalana was especially shit.
Jahanbaksh coming on was a massive mistake as he prevented veltman from getting into the space where he had had so much joy.
We took our best player out of the game.crazy.

This all day long. It removed Veltman from his most effective position.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This season is like a particularly horrific episode of Black Mirror. It’s so tiring and boring.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Possession
Brighton 75% Palace 25%
Shots
Brighton 25 Palace 3
Corners
Brighton 13 Palace 0
Score
Brighton 1 - 2 Palace
I hate football

Adding the stats from both games (from memory)

Possession
Brighton 73% Palace 27%

Shots
Brighton 9,070 Palace 4

Corners
Brighton 144 Palace 1

Score
Brighton 2 - 3 Palace

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This style of football will take us up the table but we need to keep the faith. Palace on their run of form and us on ours had a somewhat inevitable outcome.

Absolutely gutting result though given our absolute dominance, has to be the most disappointing Albion game I've ever witnessed

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
that was like watching kathy bates slowly drowning pamela anderson in a bath full of jelly then removing her matching bra and panty set , putting it on and driving away in her ferrari.........talk about mugged .....for FECK SAKE.......!!!!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
WTF....??

At half time I was convinced it would be 1-0, after that second half, ive never ever witnessed such a smash'n'grab in decades of watching our epic fails.

They were utter shit, clinging on for dear life, its simply unacceptable, there's something seriously wrong, its not just bad luck.

The TV stat said it all, 2 games, 180 minutes, we had 45 attacks/shots on goal and scored 2, they had 4 attacks/shots and scored 3. They had 2 touches in opposition box tonight and scored 2.

For all the fancy pants football, its fruitless and gutless.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ben-fuking-teke are you serious? glad i didnt watch. :rant:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This style of football will take us up the table but we need to keep the faith. Palace on their run of form and us on ours had a somewhat inevitable outcome.

Absolutely gutting result though given our absolute dominance, has to be the most disappointing Albion game I've ever witnessed

All available evidence points to the contrary. Well, not the exact contrary.

We've not really moved in either direction for what feels like an aeon.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
That's what being a Brighton fan is all about. Battering your rivals and then getting beaten in added time.

Always the same.

Hate the result but with lows like this, the highs will be worth it.

Onwards!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
XG:
Brighton (2.06) 1-2 (0.24) C Palace

XG goals for us are different though. XG for us means their goal keeper is somewhere on the corner flag, and Maupay is not taking the penalty.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Burglary in sport at the highest level.

One of the most one-sided games one's ever likely to see with the better side losing.

It happens. And it's even worse when it happens to your side, let alone with the rivals being the opponents.

Palace's night tonight, but I'd far rather be watching the football that we play than what they offered up.

One team went out to win but ultimately lost, the other set out not to lose, but somehow ended up winning.

Unfair as it is, that's football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s simple.

We’ve wasted wages and fees on appalling players. We have stubbornly not resolved our forward issue 4 years running. We have a manager who’s tactics are no where near as adaptable as people made them out to be. We are a very, very predictable side who really are easy to play against.

Sit deep and hit on the counter. It’s what Sheffield did. It’s what West Brom did, it’s what Palace have just done. That’s 3 games against teams around us we have dropped because we absolutely do not have a plan B. Plan A falls apart quickly because Maupay and Trossard just aren’t good enough.

In that list, we took 2 out of a possible 9 points and that isn’t including Fulham and Burnley, which makes it 4 out of 15 points.

Our recent run of games have been a false economy. We are not likely to go down because our goal difference is worth a point, but the reality is, relegation beckons until we seriously change our approach either tactically or in recruitment.

Let me stop you there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here